My '96 Si (aka Pressly)

Hi all, being a new member on here, thought I'd get a few pictures of my car up. Completely standard when I bought it, plans are to tidy him up and do some of the smaller jobs for now. Hoping I'll start to have a bit more money to play with in the near future so that I can look at some of the bigger jobs (eg suspension, engine work etc).

Here's a running spec list, which I'll try to keep updated as I go:

Interior & ICE:

Panasonic CQ-RX300N headunit

Black Ice air-freshener ;)

Exterior:

Si rear spoiler

Import style rear plate (12'' x 6'')

Xenon / LED bulbs

Clear front corner indicators

Chassis & Suspension:

Standard suspension

Wheels & Tyres:

14'' Toyota 'Griffin' 7 spoke alloys

Kumho tyres

Engine & Exhaust:

K&N induction kit

Powerflow stainless steel exhaust w/ 3'' slash cut tip

How he's looking now as standard:

IMAG0120-1-2.jpg

IMAG0358-1.jpg

I'll continue to update this as/when I get around to doing the various jobs! :)

Edited by uberphil88
  • 1 month later...

Small update: bought another non-running Paseo with lowered suspension and Powerflow exhaust, both of which I'm planning to pinch for mine.

Also have plans to tidy up the rear on mine, which will be the next job on the list once I've sold off all the old parts from the second car!

Here's the other car, complete with my dad trying to wrestle the Powerflow system off it lol:

IMAG0143.jpg

And here it is after we managed to wrestle the rusty clamps off it:

IMAG0144.jpg

Mmm shiney; should polish up nicely! :) Was hoping to get a bit further over the bank holiday weekend but the bloody weather put a stop to that! Hopefully I'll have some more updates soon.

Edited by uberphil88
  • 2 months later...

Cheers buddy :) I've been a bit distracted recently and haven't got on with much, but the past couple days I've started ordering some odds and ends, so I should have some updates to make soon!

The exhaust is also now on (and LOUD!), so I'll get some pics up for that soon too!

• 1 month later...

Well it's been an absolute age since I've updated this, so it's about time I pulled my thumb out my ass and got on it!

I'd been doing some smaller oddjobs on the car, starting with clearing out both of the front indicators to get rid of the 'fried egg' look.

Before:

IMAG0207.jpg

And after:

Untitled.jpg

Only a cheap job to do (but an absolute bitch if you don't want to open up the indicator) but I think it makes a big difference to the front.

I also sorted a new rear plate, as my old one was water-damaged and looked a bit skank. Decided to go for a 6 x 12 one as I liked the look of it on Galliano's Paseo (picture to follow).

Whilst I changed the plate, I also swapped the rear number plate lights for LED ones, which I think also made a big difference (old bulb on the left, new on the right):

IMAG0208.jpg

My stainless Powerflow exhaust has also been on for a while now and while it was awkward to get on, it polished up nicely:

IMAG0185.jpg

It is seriously loud mind you and I was considering getting a mid silencer added in haha.

On top of these oddjobs, I also started taking the lowered suspension off the Paseo I bought for breaking, so that I could give it a lick of paint and fit it onto mine. I also bought a couple of small bits off members on here, including a GT turbo strut brace and some Glanza front cupholders:

IMAG0289.jpg

IMAG0265.jpg

So all in, slow progress but going somewhere nonetheless and I was happy with how he was looking...

IMAG0209.jpg

Unfortunately, this is where things go a bit downhill! I was sitting at some traffic lights on my lunchbreak the other day, when an old dear confused the pedals in her automatic and drove up the back of me with her foot flat on the accelerator... :clapping: The impact also pushed my car into the one infront (despite my handbrake being on) and then pushed that car into the car infront of him!

Luckily the old goat accepted full responsibility, so her insurance company took a look at my car and unsurprisingly declared it a write-off :( They're paying me out £900 and the car remains in my possesion. Since I love the car, I spoke to a local bodyshop, who say it'll be a good £700 to straighten back out (as long as I can supply the spare bumpers and rear lights etc, which luckily I do already have lying about from my breaker).

Therefore I have to decide whether to use the write-off payout, the personal injury settlement they offered me and the money from stripping the car to buy something different and newer, or whether to just repair it and then put it through an MOT and have it serviced... Decisions decisions! It'd also now be a Category C writeoff, which is annoying considering how mint it was before.

To be honest I'm leaning towards keeping it, but time will tell!

The only upside is that her insurance gave me a tidy hire car to tide me over in the meantime lol:

IMAG0286.jpg

And on a sidenote, here's an amusing picture of Galliano 'helping' me to remove the inlet manifold from my breaker; makes me laugh everytime! ;)

IMAG0300.jpg

Edited by uberphil88
  • 1 month later...

Well, small update; Pressly will shortly be no more :(

The quotes from the bodyshops were far too high to warrant the cost, he was going to be £1000+ to sort and was never going to look or handle quite the same again.

On the upside, I have managed to find a pretty mint replacement, which I am due to be picking up on Saturday morning! Same colour and year, with a genuine 63k on the clock. It's an ST, so I loose my ABS and I'll have to swap my alloys over, but all in I think it's a small inconvenience.

With any luck this one will last long enough for me to have a chance at a 4E conversion!

I'll start a new thread over the weekend once I've got the new one home; 360 mile round-trip to do first lol.

Yea that's the problem! Originally just planned some springs, clean it up a bit and maybe stick on some Speedlines or some other cheap wheels. Now I'm pretty tempted by some of those ISC coilovers, maybe some XXR wide wheels, better seats and a retrim, possibly a full lip kit etc etc, the list never ends haha!

Really fancy a go at getting a 4E in there too, but I doubt that'll be within my budget anytime soon :(

Edited by uberphil88