Browner's 383bhp Forged 5e Glanza V Turbo - THE BEAST IS OUT OF RETIREMENT!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm away in Magaluf mate the Glanza was sent off for more work before I left and will be stalking the streets again ready for when I'm home!

And twincams are made for blowing up us Irish know how to get the fun out of them! lol

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a long time since I updated this...

As most of you know the car has been off the road for over a year and a half but anyone who is friends with me on Facebook will know I've put a lot of time and money into it recently and it's now back on the roads.

I have tried several different turbo set ups lately and finally found a set up I am happy with. It's put manners on a big spec Evo and a Skyline this week so I can't complain! I'm only running a temporary road map for the moment so not sure what power it's pushing. I'm looking forward to getting its final map again and setting up the nitrous which is currently disconnected.

image_zpscd01e9fb.jpg

Irish Glanza versus Big Spec Evo 4WD

http://vid206.photobucket.com/albums/bb31/conor05_/conor05_149/IMG_4640_zps71b73637.mp4

Apart from that I have done a lot of other little bits and pieces...

I have fitted one of our own clear timing belt covers. It looks immense! Anyone who wants one PM me :)

image_zps8f7d438d.jpg

We tried to fit my old bonnet lifters but it was too much pressure on the fibreglass bonnet when pushing down so we measured the wing, drilled it and fitted this standard bonnet prop instead...

image_zps86fd22de.jpg[/url

I finally sourced a replacement Defi link controller box after I fried my old one. I relocated it from the glovebox as it was banging around and making noise and mounted it in the passenger footwell...

image_zpsfa7d3728.jpg

My genuine Defi boost gauge and genuine Defi oil pressure gauge are now back working perfectly. I purchased new pods for them and mounted them on the dash as they wouldn't fit in my old pillar pod because of the new rollcage.

image_zpsa4d922ce.jpg

I also fitted a new AEM wideband air / fuel gauge to make sure the car was fuelling correctly and not running lean...

image_zpsa8e54456.jpg

Underneath I fitted new Polybushed wishbones with a new Anti Lift Kit aswel. I also fitted a Cusco underbody brace and a brand new Whiteline anti roll bar. I matched this with brand new Whiteline Polybushed Droplinks and Whiteline Polybushed exhaust rubbers...

image_zps434bdd38.jpg

I got this cool fuel cap off a Japanese track car and fitted it to my own too... I love it!

image_zpsf9783618.jpg

Inside I removed the old banjaxed radio and fitted a neat Sony single din. I sourced a proper double din radio Sorround as I didn't want to cut one, I wanted a factory finish. Under the new radio I fitted my rare Toyota Multi box which looks well at home! The interior is filthy and needs a serious clean lol!

image_zps9e2fc690.jpg

image_zpsec38986f.jpg

I done a complete coolant flush and also cut down the top rad hose a bit as it was too long and was slightly kinked as a result.

I also done a complete oil change, fitted a new magnetic sump plug and fitted a new Power Enterprise high performance compact magnetic oil filter.

We now stock these filters in our shop. They are an excellent piece of kit and are used by most Japanese tuners and race teams!

The core reason behind the Mag II filter lies in the center of the filter, it features a magnet which traps metallic engine particles from recirculating back into your engine and keep the vital parts of your engine less prone to damage. Much more compact than a standard oil filter too as you can see...

image_zpsf56ef3fc.jpg

image_zpsf008dd8d.jpg

Here she is on her first night back on the streets...

image_zps7e2747c3.jpg

image_zpsdfd26789.jpg

Since I fitted the new wings the wheels were lost underneath the car. I ran 25mm spacers on the front and 30mm spacers on the rear so the wheels sat out better in the arch. However the back tyres both scrubbed the rear arches on bumps and the spacers caused a terrible vibration and wobble whilst driving the car. Also there was no plastic spigot rings on my old wheels so this didn't help either.

I had to source a wider 15" wheel with a low offset that I would bolt straight to the hub but that would still sit out in line with the arch. I spent a long time looking for rare Jap wheels that would suit the car but couldn't find anything wide enough with the right offset and would have to wait a long time for them to arrive from Japan. Also if I ever damaged one, finding a replacement would be next to impossible.

Taking all this into account I rang my mate who is a dealer for Rota. He came up to my garage with different width, offset and colours of wheels to test fit them on my car. I fancied a change from the white wheels and fancied bronze for a change but when I seen these on the car I thought they looked real mean and aggressive.

They are a 7" low offset Rota Grid V with Matt Black centers and Gloss Black lip. They have more of a dish than my old white Rota grids. I think they look well wrapped in the new Yokohama Advan A048 semi slicks :)

http://s206.photobucket.com/user/conor05_/media/conor05_145/image_zps1c6a3c41.jpg.html]image_zps1c6a3c41.jpg

Today all the suspension, tracking and handling was set up properly. The coilover ride height, camber and softness was all set and so was the tracking. The rear Panhard rod needed adjusting as the axle was off line and the rear passenger arch was rubbing the tyre. Like a few other bits it was seized solid so we heated it and it freed up... And on with some copper grease to make it easier to open next time.

image_zpsb8269e02.jpg

The gearbox oil was drained and replaced with Red Line 75w90 High Performance Gear Oil and also some Red Line LSD Friction Modifier...

image_zps47f0a0ba.jpg

I also fitted this homemade short shifter for quicker gear changes, a nice upgrade for racing. The throw between gears is now a lot shorter than with the standard gear shifter...

image_zps38cc0c6d.jpg

image_zps61570a21.jpg

Matched with this were some upgraded shifter bushes. The old standard bushes were worn diagonally across themselves and made changing gears a little hard at times. These new babies are awesome!

image_zps0b15cac8.jpg

image_zps655e8fc3.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...