Browner's 383bhp Forged 5e Glanza V Turbo - THE BEAST IS OUT OF RETIREMENT!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers mate

Got these today dunno which set I prefer tho what yas think lads? There's a few 98 spec Glanzas after appearing around my may that are white with bubble lights and white Rays wheels or White Rota Grids. I want to be a bit different so am putting on white standard Glanza alloys and maybe these lights. Not sure though.

Both sets are mint...

101_0289.jpg

:/ oh great... another animal gt... bit of a shame tbh mate lol.

if you dont want pats on the back or to share an interest in tuning these cars then why post up a build thread mate?

and what would be wrong with another animal gt? the lad doesnt wana tell yous he doesnt wana tell yous. get over it LOL

if it helps he bought some of my parts ;)

you want sorted with the new tuner conor give me a buzz!! this guy is shit hot ;)

Edited by animal GT

Well the sun is shining and things are looking great! =) First of all I would like to say a big thanks to QuinnyGT and Millstreet Kid on here they are two absolute gents. They bent over backwards to get me a Cusco cage up out of Cork and back to Dublin. Lads I cannot thanks you enough. I bought a full Cusco 6 point rollcage. It is a full dash dodger and rear seat dodger design.

I am modifying parts of it and getting custom bars fabricated as we speak. They are all of the highest quality seamless tube design.

This is the cage after it arrived at the house. It is blue at the minute but I am thinking of repainted the finished cage in 040 Toyota Super White. Opinions?

101_0572.jpg

This is the rough design I am going for... Custom bars running by the side and rear of the seats and also maybe a custom diagonal bar in the rear to stiffen the whole lot up. I want to be careful not to add too much weight but its getting to the stage now where safety is the number one concern so I want a solid cage for peace of mind.

cage2.jpg

cage1.jpg

cage.jpg

I ordered semi slick drag racing tyres today.

Next on the list is a clutch capable of holding 500bhp and then I am off on the England roadtrip in search of a new map for 500 ponies :)

We were in the middle of designing door bars for my rollcage but it was proving awkward to get in and out of the car even with them set at a low level. Also weld in door bars will not pass the NCT so a friend of mine in Carlow gave me a call with these genuine Cusco door bars for sale. These are ultra rare and I was chuffed to find such a "may not be as advertised" and original set.

They are much easier to move around than a big lump of a bar aka a tripwire lol. They are also a genuine Cusco item the same as my rollcage and still have all original Cusco paint and stickers. They will need slight modifying to fit with my rollcage as it's a dashdodger cage.

Here are some pics of them fitted to my mates Glanza:

bars1.jpg

bars3.jpg

bars2.jpg

bars.jpg

These just arrived from England today :) I needed new front brake pads for my Levin twin pot calipers so decided to upgrade to heavy duty EBC Redstuf pads for greater stopping power and lower dust levels on my spanking white wheels :)

101_0668.jpg

101_0670.jpg

Just picked up this rare little beauty from a car I got in. Genuine factory extra air purifier and control switch. Very, very rare factory extra. Another one for the list :)

101_0692.jpg

Pudgey you could do with this... get the wallet out :p

101_0693.jpg

Well just a bit of an update. It's now Wednesday and the Big Meet is on this Sunday, still have loads to do and time for a little moan! My rocker cover cracked the day after I got it powdercoated so trying to sort that at the minute.

I delayed painting my cage and sidebars as the lads talked me into painting it the same blue as the engine bay but there was something about the Cusco Blue that I just had to have it. We went to test fit the cage today and it wont fit with my pillar pod so I have to lose that, absolutely sick because looked for one for months! So have to try and get two 60mm gauge holders by Sunday.

The sidebars are a tight fit with the door pockets and the seat bolster and will need modifying to bolt to the floor where the cage bolts to the floor. Another nice headache! :)

My front tyres are completely sqaured by the torque and wheelspin from the car so ordered new Yokohama Advan A048 Supersoft drag slicks from the UK. They better be here by the weekend or we might be in trouble.

At the minute the car is in about a million pieces. I just removed some parts that I want to polish up to a mirror finish including my intercooler piping, HKS dumpvalve and alloy half rad.

101_0742.jpg

I ordered a new Glanza V boot sticker from Toyota which will be here tomorrow. Need a new rocker cover gasket and rocker cover washers as there is a slight weep of oil coming from there but dunno if I'll have them in time. The plan is to have the cage in by tomorrow.

The on Friday I plan on fitting 65mm extended wheel studs and spacers to the rear and finding the source of a loud vibrating rattle thats coming into the car around 4000rpm. Also going to fit my Whiteline anti lift kit and lightweight wishbones on Friday too. Then all day Saturday will be the clean of the century just to make sure its cleaner than "the twin" (Robep91) :D

Okay so today things have gone a bit better thank god :)

My drag slicks arrived so I finally have some grip!

101_0743.jpg

101_0745.jpg

I collected my new Glanza V sticker for the boot from Toyota...

101_0755.jpg

And also got new rocker cover nuts and rubber rocker cover washers as mine were weeping a tiny bit of oil...

101_0754.jpg

Although I think these polished ones will be the choice lol...

101_0746.jpg

I fixed the crack in my rocker cover and resprayed it and am polishing up the raised bits as we speak...

The few bits I took off yesterday came up well after a polishing. See the earlier picture above for comparison...

My new polished HKS SSQV dumpvalve...

101_0757.jpg

My intercooler pipes...

101_0758.jpg

And my alloy half rad...

101_0759.jpg

101_0760.jpg

The rollcage was painted Cusco Blue last night and we are putting it in here this evening. Time to get the parts on and the rocker cover left to seal overnight and then tomorrow its wheel studs, spacers and anti lift kit time :)

OK rollcage is finally in after some gentle persuasion lol will get picks tomorrow.

Just finished polishing my rocker cover after repairing it and repainting it blue again. While it was off I cleaned all over it with cotton buds to get any tiny dirt particles off it. What do yous think?

101_0761.jpg

Okay almost there now. Here is a few pics of the car the night before the Big Meet. Over 14 hours of cleaning went into getting the car looking like this including a full bodywork treatment, de tar, compound, HD wax and hours of polishing

The engine bay had a full detar and detail including all the plastics, hoses etc

Inside was filthy and the dirt just kept coming! After a good steam clean the dirt eventually started lifting and it came out well. Very happy overall just disappointed I didnt get a chance to spray the rear wiper, exhaust manifold and power steering pump black, they were a tad rusty and were the only things that let down the engine bay.

Anyway here's some pics after the clean and how the car stands now... Enjoy :)

101_0768.jpg

101_0769.jpg

101_0772.jpg

101_0771.jpg

101_0770.jpg

This little beauty just arrived from Japan :)

A genuine ep91 non smoking ashtray. Very hard got and a nice touch inside the car

100_0775.jpg

100_0777.jpg

100_0778.jpg

Got myself a full Whiteline Anti Lift Kit.

I came across ordinary Starlet wishbones and they are much lighter than the glanza wishbones. I put both sets on a scales and the ordinary Starlet wishbones weighed about 2kgs whereas the Glanza wishbones were around 3.5kg apiece. I could have done with a more accurate Salter scales but there is a definite large weight difference in them.

100_0864.jpg

The Glanza wishbone (bottom in picture) has a thick rib around the edge of it, the Starlet wishbone (top in picture) does not. The fitment of both wishbones is the same.

100_0865.jpg

Glanza wishbone (top) and Starlet wishbone (bottom)...

100_0869.jpg

Getting off the old wishbone bushings was an absolute pig! Anyone who says it's easy is a liar lol! I had to cut most of the old black bushing off with an angle grinder and then burn the rest of the rubber off so I could fit the new yellow polybush mounts.

100_0873.jpg

100_0874.jpg

The rust and dirt was removed from the old wishbones and they were sprayed gloss black to tidy them up a bit. I then tested the polybushes etc to make sure they fitted okay...

100_0875.jpg

Time to get it in the car now =)

Since I fitted the longer wheel studs I needed big spacers to bring the wheels out a bit in the arches, so much so that the wheel nuts were maxed out tight and were nowhere near the wheel! For the minute I had a load of slip on spacers built up behind the wheel but didn't like that and it was giving me a slight shake in the steering wheel as they weren't sitting 100% centre on the hubs.

I got these beasts now... 25mm hub centric bolt on spacers. I may have to machine them down a bit more to fit but we will try it first and see =)

100_0876.jpg

100_0878.jpg

Got these small slip on covers for the front bumper from Toyota today. They were missing from my car when I got it so just want to have it right

100_0960.jpg

Browner

Edited by Browner

nice build browner..you guys are so lucky you have good fuel there! the fuel in our country sucks total ass..and the highest we can get (with greatest difficulty) is 100 octane aviation fuel..bahh

Well if he would actually ring me we might get somewhere lol can never get through to him. Ah you're not breaking are ya Eric? Sure you got everything there to build it back up. Think of the Honda hunting wolf pack lol. Don't break it!

• 4 weeks later...

Have the car up and running now. Had to do a fair few tweaks here and there but It is running well once again.

It's lighting the wheels up in even 5th gear so I really have to get used to getting the power down. The short shifter I have aswel is getting beaten out with a hammer lol it keeps catching and is notchy as hell so slowing my shifts down and is eating the car drop out of boost range

Anyway had it out the night I got the car and was a bit damp which didn't help. Sill ate a 2litre k21 civic and a 425bhp BMW m5. I have to dig out some videos

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thJQycmiBHI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Spun like fuck in 2nd but once it caught third gear the Glanza pulled like a train

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the civic is very fast. Drove like a plonker that day I only had the car back. Kept dropping off boost between gears as the gear selector kept sticking

Edited by Browner

I think im getting a bit of the sticking in gears too Browner! More noticable with a quickshifter installed, but i dont think its actually the quickshifter...

Im going to buy some new cables, Ill let you know how I get on!

I get this in first gear with my TRD quickshift! started about 3 months after fitting :(

Yeah it is weird guys.

Socks I took out the short shifter kit and fitted a standard shifter. It was a little bit better but the problem was still there. Very hard to get from 1st into 2nd and also notchy going into 3rd. It was fine when the box was first fitted. I have done my cables already and it wasn't that. I am thinking now it's my clutch as I think Spuddy had similar problems with the same clutch

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...