Browner's 383bhp Forged 5e Glanza V Turbo - THE BEAST IS OUT OF RETIREMENT!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so all of my text and pictures are now jumbled up after the data being swapped over so going to start this thread again now but it may take a bit of time. Lucky I still have a saved version to copy and paste from lol

Okay guys got this sorted,

It said I was trying to upload too many pictures in the one post so I have split the build thread into three separate posts, all of which can be found on page one of the build thread. Everything is now up to date. I hope yous enjoy the work I have done and as always all comments and opinions are welcome :)

Speak soon

Browner

Yes mate I had it lined up okay it was very fiddley to fit but I took it out as I didn't like the feel of it on the brake pedal whatsoever, it was dangerous at times but I put that down to trying to stop the car from well over 240-250 kilometers per hour and the amount of bulkhead flex that would cause. It is fine since I removed it. On lower powered cars people seem to rate them very highly

Edited by Browner
  • 2 weeks later...

Just received my new big brake kit from WMS. They are a 4 pot heavy duty brake setup with massive 277mm x 25mm discs. I have matched these with EBC Redstuff brake pads and Earls braided brake lines for added braking power. A big step up from my old Levin twin pots!

100_1165.jpg

100_1168.jpg

I got grooves machined into the discs for better cooling...

100_1169.jpg

100_1167.jpg

100_1166.jpg

Browner

@ Michael! Yes my old Levin brakes are now for sale if you are interested. Pics a further back in my build thread. I'm selling them complete with basically new Redstuff pads and HEL braided brake lines

Had a quick go at fitting these yesterday and had some small figment issues but I think it's me not the brakes so going at it again now today :)

Have the big discs, calipers, almost new Redstuff pads and almost new HEL braided brake lines was looking £250 delivered. The courier is costing me £41 because of the weight so really only getting 200 quid for them

Keri yeah I got the brackets lol almost threw them out til I went... "hmm... That little box seems heavier than the rest" lol and opened it to find them. Still having bother getting them fitted. Do these require a spacer? I'm fitting them with 65mm wheel studs but they don't seem to line up right

Got the WMS 4 pot brake kit fitted today so my old twin pots and also my blue HEL braided lines are now for sale :) Have to bed the brakes in yet but so far they feel good. Don't want to warp the discs or glaze the pads so gonna take a while of normal driving before I can really test their stopping power ;)

A big thanks to Keri at WMS

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well guys the Glanza has been lying up all Winter but it's now full steam ahead with the new plans. The original options were either max out the turbo thats on the car and try and reach 500bhp with the potential of some lag, or go for a smaller turbo that spools up quickly and have the car at a solid, fast spooling 350bhp.

Since then I have bought an ep85 4WD Starlet which I am currently forging and building purely for drag use so the smaller turbo idea on the Glanza is now out the window so lets push things a bit!

In the next few weeks I will be fitting custom cams, moving the nitrous from being mapped in through the rev range by the ECU to on a switch I can press and finally on for a big map where I will be hoping to run 500bhp. Let's test these PEC rods a bit! :)

I know the turbo is capable of that power as AnimalGT ran that bhp when it was on his GT Starlet.

***Before all this I need to get a good clutch that will handle this power and most importantly the torque. Anyone any suggestions out there?***

In the meantime I fancied a bit of a change. A lot of white Glanzas were now being built looking very similar to my one so I wanted to mix things up a bit.

Over the past few months I have been collecting a lot of rare parts, especially body parts. I originally was going to go for a full matching kit ie: all JAM kit or all Livesports kit etc but there was aspects of every kit that I didn't like so I have settled for this...

Genuine JAM Racing Lightweight Bonnet (Very, very rare!)

Genuine JAM Racing Sideskirts

Genuine Livesports Type C Front Splitter

Genuine Livesports Rear Splitter (Rare)

Genuine Varis Spoiler (Very rare!)

Genuine McChu Vented Wings (Very rare!)

I think the kit will look well and be a one off and certainly won't be missed. It is a very rare kit especially the JAM bonnet, Livesports rear splitter, Varis spoiler and McChu vented wings. I don't know for certain but I was told that there was only ever 4 sets of these McChu wings ever made and all sets have now ended up in Ireland lol!

Anyway here is the kit test fitted to the car. Still lots of tidying to do on it and odd nips and tucks but I must say the fit of genuine parts really is something else. I was very happy with the fit overall, especially as so many people have had problems with replica FRP products. I had Cruise wings aswel but they weren't half as nice as the McChu wings so I didn't bother with them.

What you's think?

554184_10151500860020090_1184337339_n.jp