NIIMC All Ireland Italian Motor Event

Evening folks,

Since owning my Alfa(s) I decided to join the Northern Ireland Italian Motors Club (NIIMC) as Mark was a member back when he had the Seicento and the Panda.

Been to 4 of the monthly meetings now, great bunch of folk, and the veterans on here will remember me posting pics from their event in Cultra a number of years ago.

Well, the club are having their annual All Ireland Italian Motor Event on 26th May at the Lisburn Civic Centre from 10am. Naturally there will be a wide range of Italian machinery from Alfas to Fiats to Ferraris to Lancias to Ducatis to Maserattis to Moto Guzzis and who knows what else. The Porsche Club have also asked if they can attend, as have the local Scooby guys. There will most likely be a number of other marques present, there always is, and I have heard rumours (weather dependent) of a Jag E-Type. There really could be anything! I've seen an Aventador here, maybe that'll show!!!

Charles Hurst have also agreed to bring some of their speciality motors, so hopefully a shiny new Ferrari and Maser.

Donnelly's I believe will also be bringing some motors.

Autoglym and Meguires will also be in attendance along with Lisburn Auto Parts, and I believe that the local restaurant will be putting on a special Italian Menu for the event.

Lisburn City Radio are promoting the event, a local station recently established.

So, if you have a general petrol head interest or if you just fancy poking a Ferrari in the metal, then please come along for a nosey! I mean, who doesn't want to see an F430 16M in the metal!!!!! Any one with kids (this means you WeeJohn), what 8 year old boy doesn't want to see a Ferrari!!!!

Unfortunately due to the wedding of a very close friend I am unable to attend, but I have been doing my bit to spread the word with flyers and posters, and a number of the BadgerSports Inc fleet will be there, including the V6 and/or the Barchetta (all being well and weather permitting).

I have attached the flyer as a PDF file for anyone interested.

Thanks for reading and if any of you local lads know of anyone who has anything interesting in their shed (rally car / vintage car / sports car) that they would like to bring for the day, please don't hesitate to spread the word and to get them to give me a shout.

Phil.

niimc_flyer2012.pdf

• 1 month later...