Grants 5E Paseo donkey

Brought this paseo couple of weeks ago off toyotom. Needed some thing nicer to drive than the 205 1.8d n/a. So thought I'd get a paseo as a daily. Pluss I have a spare engine as well now :) nice to drive. Way better than the pug. I'm thinking I might have to do some thing about the power :)

dec19cbc.jpg

70baf153.jpg

6d6129ba.jpg

I might turn it into a sleeper one day. Could put some thing like this under the bonnet :)

f6a8fe05.jpg

Edited by turbo Grant

heathens! stop stealing the paseo hearts! still it means i'll have plenty of donors for my next paseo project which doesn't need a 5E. glad to see another paseo stying with the forum, especially as it's so tidy.

paseo's are good for 2 things

robbing 5e's and scrapping the rest!

lol so true

i got 2.5 paseos

one dad uses as a daily and the other two waiting to be picked up by the tow trucks for scrap!

• 2 weeks later...

The paseo made it to jap fest, shame I was the only one on the stand. Was good seeing people and putting faces to names again. I'm quite forgetful.

0b5f334a.jpg

Already started to get a few bits for some n/a tuning for now....

Looking at the photos and the weather from the day, I'm starting to feel a bit gutted that I didn't go along lol! May have to make sure I make it next year!

Should have come. I was the only paseo on the stand. Was a quality day. Come to fest 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I will get some pic up of how dirty the work horse is getting. Hasn't had a clean since Japfest haha I must say the 5E is doing well. Gets into the redline every day and still going well with 106000 odd on the clock. Was having a poke around and found this not sure if it's on all Toyota seat belts.

cee9a7c0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I remember before 7 years when I first saw the belts on mine.... and then checked my Starlet as well and saw they had a different manufacturer. I was then making fun of all my starlet / toyota owning buddies that my car had Takatas from the factory and the same pic in my phone to prove it. :p

And by the way as I drive many years now both EP91's and EL54's , I believe that the Paseo / Cynos chassis is far superior from starlet in many ways.

It's a shame that the are only block donors and only a handful of people has made a serious effort to properly mod and tune one...

Edited by Pierros

Needs a turbo soon me thinks ;) just a basic td04 set up or ct9 hybrid maybe and tbh agree about them handeling better grants donkey gives my levin a damn good run for its money tbh!

Edited by shorty

It does go round a corner well considering. Need to get some good tyres and do a few bits to the suspension. I've had the backed step out a few time at 70-80 odd, it's a right giggle to drive. Once the green one is on the road this will be going 5e-fe turbo. I need to sort the head lights out. Gone well misted Been anoying me lately more the my rattling exhaust.

• 2 months later...

Right been doing a few things to this. I now have a GT inlet and throttle body on. I had to cut the end of the spindle down where the GT tps sensor goes and weld on the 2 prong type fitting for the paseo tps and tap out the 2 inner holes to bolt the paseo tps to the GT throttle body. I'm also in the middle of making a 4-2-1 exhaust mani from a rover 414i lol the brakes were shocking so I banged a set of wilwoods on I had lying about. I picked up a rear disc conversion as well. This is only supposed to be a cheap daily driver lol

Will get some pics up soon