Ha finially proved the turbo timers off the MR2's arnt genuine

Had a member off here a few years ago saying he had an optional turbo timer for the starlet. After doing a bit of digging it turned out (from what Jay said) it wasnt a starlet optional and all he knew was they come off the MR2's

i asked the guy in question and he said yes its not a starlet optional but was an optional for an MR2.

Now i totally forgot about this till yesterday when i was talking optionals with a member who said he's just got one. Now as im collecting optionals i thought sod it its not starlet optional but will fit mine so its another one to add to the list of toyota optionals. Been searching ebay and nothing so decided to start searching forums only to find this

http://www.mr2.com/forums/general-mr2-discussion/Toyota-MR2-236-rare-toyota-mr2-parts-cars-now-toyota-tom-s-trd-tte-too-14.html

(Bottom of 14, bit of 15 and also confirmed on 20)

Said turbo timer in question

toyotaturbotimer.jpg

Just a heads up for a few of the OEM extra boys who like me are trying to collect a few. Turns out there not genuine they were made by Data systems to look as genuine as possible.

So to the person who rubbed that turbo timer in my face for all them months cause he had one and i didnt (all in good banter may i add im not being horrible here) UNLUCKY DUDE :harhar:

Told you so...lol

You did indeed dude glad I've proved it for myself now though :)

Could you replace this with the "low/high turbo" button if so id be down for that!!!! :shok: I hate having things that look obviously aftermarket inside

Not sure mate. you have a lo/hi turbo button as standard though unless someones taken yours out. best thing to replace it with is a toyota OEM coin holder or something :)

You did indeed dude glad I've proved it for myself now though :)

Not sure mate. you have a lo/hi turbo button as standard though unless someones taken yours out. best thing to replace it with is a toyota OEM coin holder or something :)

Sorry i was a bit smashed after the city game writing that haha. i meant could you take out the "low turbo" button and put this oem turbo timer in the origional slot?