Jellybabyj v carbon fibre wings arrived

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, akyakapotter said:

mental illness sucks my misses has bipolar and unstable personality disorder things get tough. Be a shame to get rid you will regret it but your mental health is more important. 

cheers nick  

I have Bipola as well it just being in financial difficulties causing me to think this 

22 hours ago, jayc-glanza17 said:

Sorry to hear this mate.. anything to help sure me and liam would..

But you know you regret breaking it. But only you can make the decision which best suits your needs.. hope things improve matey.

Where u located ?? Also need a new aux belt tensioner as mine fucked 

• 2 months later...

Jelly I just read through your build all the highs and lows and wow that's a hell of a build mate.

I will definitely come up for a visit sometime cause believe it or not I have never seen a V in the flesh apart from mine, and mine ain't the prettiest (still smells of Sushi I think). It would be an education for me I wont be able to bring mine up yet because well its not registered yet. 

I will PM you my details.  Stay strong my plan for mine is time attack too was going to target the entry level clubman events. 

JayC we all love the A12 at least you dont have the A14 sticking its oar in too:( 

• 3 weeks later...

so today I got time to go down the garage and uncover the little shit for the 1st time in a few months

started her up and let her run a little at idle just to get her warm and make sure no leaks etc

after that I stumbled across a genuine sard fpr so I decided to remove my current one which was to big for my liking.

it was mounted over my brake servo but I don't like the location for it as to cramped with all the pipes and wires etc around that area so I have removed the fuel lines and now looking for a better location to mount it.

I have removed the turbo from the mani in prep for removing the mani to go get ceramic coated so can reduce my engine bay temps.

then I have the tasking of removing my cams amd fitting stock ones then setting about the reshim the cams that's the pain in the ass bit hahah

I am also going to remove my flocked dash as I am not happy with the look due to it been cut for a through dash cage so I have arranged to swap with a member on here for his normal one as he is having a cage fitted sooner then I am.

other little bits I am looking out for is a rear sturt brace and c piller bar

• jellybaby changed the title to Jellybabyj v dash back out to tidy up

right so today day off owrk and also my flocked dash is going to anouther member on here for his track car as cut for a cage already in return i get his mint 98 spec one for me to flock etc dash removed i stated to redo the loom running and tidy it up sort all connections out remove scoth locks and solder correclty etc here a pic of the mess i started with still got a little bit to do will get a pic once all the looms have been tidyed up and wies run to where i need them to be. then basicly apart from few little bits needed from the tuners and body shop she basicly done lol 

213.JPG

IMG_2361.JPG

I soon be selling my current turbo set up which is a td05 16g h wepr top mount manifold tial 38mm wastegate down down pipe with screamer attachment for wastegate and hdi fmic with hks ssqv blow off valve the whole kit has covered less then 20 miles As only had dyno time to get a base map but due to issues with my cams we had to cancel the mapping 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 9:30 PM, Sefton-EP91 said:

Awesome build mate!

Looks like you have put your heart and soul into it! Keep it up! She will put a smile on your face when you drive her for the first time after finishing it!  :thumbsup:

Cheers feller going to sell the turbo kit to sort some finances out so gives me more to live off a month then save hard for the Fisk kit and gives me time to do the new cams and shimming as u work for Toyota what packing sealing did u use for the carriers 

So due to a crap start of the year and my health not being so great. I am very tempted to start breaking the car or sell it how it is as a whole. 

Unfortunately the scene these days are full of youngsters who has no idea about the money you have to spend to get a good reliable hp starlet.

Which is once reason I in two minds to sell or break. 

Tgis is car has cost me excess 20k easy and over maybe 200 hours of labour and I so close to sorting issues out with her but just lost faith. 

I joined this fourm bk in 2007 and unfortunately I seen a decline of people act enjoying what fun these cars can do 

• jellybaby changed the title to Jellybabyj v carbon fibre wings arrived