Jellybabyj v carbon fibre wings arrived

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all not updated in a while been very busy wiv my work and other stuff going on :)

Small update the car will be coming to it new home in June a nice man cave as just rented a house with a garage win win.

My wings from coxycox arrived Monday will put pics up later on

Engine and turbo is built bk up ready to drop bk in also cleaned my gear box up and stripped it down to make sure the quife diff was ok and all selectors.

I will post pics up later on once home from

Work

• 2 weeks later...

fort I would update the car spec list as I never had one done on this build yet so here it is

fully forged 4e-fte engine with

74.5mm ross pistons over bored engine to 74.5mm

pauter forged rods

new oil pump and bearings etc

ported and polished head with cruise valve springs,1.4mm Athena gasket, arp bolts , zisco valve stem seals

ported and port matched standed inlet manifold

speed vision 265 carms with tuners edge adjustable cam gear

460cc injectors

tdo5 16h turbo with ram horn style mani and decat with 38 trail wastegate

electronics:

apexi avcr boost controller

hks fcon gold pro with auto throttle body

1x defi commander gauge controller

1x defi BF boost gauge

1x deli BF oil temp

1x defi BF oil pressure

1xBF water temp

1x BF exhaust gas temp

chassi:

fully adjustable bc coilovers

white line anti lift kit

white line front arb and rear arb

white line drop links

soon to be polly bushed front and rear bushes as well as engine mounts

brakes

ebc yellow stuff pads with groved ebc discs

few more things to put up but still saving to get them atm

• 2 months later...

update at last today is the day I can get my car home from my yard as she been sitting for over a year and half now I had a lot going on.

due to ill health money issues etc saving for house.

but I have now turned a corner the car is coming to my new home that has a garage I have a huge stock pile of parts to fit to my bare shell which is stripped down and in primer due to was ment to be sprayed but had a disagreement with my sprayer. so car is just a rolling shell.

sunday I am going to remove all engine bay components so I can sand down and prep the bay for paint I not going mental with the buy just giving it a freshen up.

I will then be stripping down the engine look and removing all wires that are not used any more ie abs idle control for ac as removed bla bla bla.

re wiring parts of the loom that is in need of repair due to ware and tear on the car just want to get it bang on so wont have to worry about that.

I will be uploading daily pics from now on to show the new progress.

I am so happy to get this build back on track seems like for ever

so get ready for loads of up dates

• 2 weeks later...

well she is home thank god last weekend and this weekend i been going over the car shell and wiring to make sure she is still sound as sat for over a year :(

found bad rust on my coilovers springs so i have stripped down and waiting on replacement springs. re moved all the abs wiring from the loom all control boxes and sensors. and undersealed one wheel arch so far

started to degrese my engine bay today as i not after a show bay.

here is a few pics 

IMG_3916.JPG

Edited by jellybaby
  • 1 month later...

here are some pics of my flocked dash it has been cut ready for my through the dash roll cage when i can afford it lol

brought a new interior carpet as well so will be fitting that over the weekend as well as referbing my bc coil overs as brought new replacement springs

210.JPG

SDC10431.JPG

Edited by jellybaby

well today i put my flocked dash in after having to refit the loom in the correct position also fitted my ecu etc still got some tidying up to do then lay my new carpet and start to run my wires for my gauges.the cuts on both sides is when the roll cage is fitted as i wanted through the dash for my own personal preference.

069E378F-A130-4F2B-A415-87F321B94620.JPG

Edited by jellybaby
  • 2 months later...

I noticed that when I put them on for test fit there a few little weak points but going to reinforce them at some point as the whole car being peeped for respray. So will discuss with my sprayer

they will crack and you'll get holes on the inner arch part lol mine have been sprayed recently and it's all come off in the wheel arch will just black hammerite them bits soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

So today I was prepping my door seals / kick plates and noticed a blow in

The paint started to sand it down and found it was rust sanded it more to bear metal and it revealed a small 2 cm hole in the top seal. I was pissed off as a understatement how ever after going over the car and found no more rust so going to repair the hole. I also got on order some airasole wax and rust treatment to spray inside the seals through the clip holes.

this little car keeps throwing up little things starting to get to me now :(

• 1 month later...

well not much of a update really but I sold my ss manifold kit just before xmas as I have decided to go for a top mount kit from wepr racing once funds allow.

I had hardly spent time working on the motor since it been at its new home due to having to source parts ie stupid little bolts and stuff that my sprayer had misplaced when he stripped the motor etc. so I have had to go through every thing to see what I am missing etc.

I really am at a cross roads atm I don't no weather to carry one or just sell all the parts I have and just sit on the money.

with the parts I have stocked and ready is in the value of over 7000 pounds however getting people to buy the parts at the sell on price is the hard part.

to finish the car to my spec including map is 2500 that will include new wms 4 pot kit ,full map of my ecu and the rest of my handling package and other little bits and pieces.

bloody hell u have spend some cash here aint ya.it will all be worth it though. its goin to be a weapon.

I sure have lol and yer I will be a weapon if I decided to pull my finger out of my ass etc sometime I lack motivation to go work on it etc lol

where about in Essex u live feller lol

• 2 weeks later...

So no Pics update how ever I have decided after talking to the other half etc and getting my ed sorted out with where I stand with the motor

The engine I brought ages ago from si clan is going in at the weekend. I will then be removing my standard sump and replacing it with a racing sump trap door style which I brought from socks few months ago.

I currently have to find a new an fitting for me greddy grex oil cooler sandwich plate as I stupidly dropped the thing on the floor and it bent the fitting :(

also I need to decided where to mount my rfpr I thinking before the rail then run a braided hose from the rail to the return.

I have a lot of fitting to do with my delfi gauges up to 5 I have to fit depends on if I am going to use them all.

also I have a situation with my 3 pod piller holder as I cant seem to get it to stay in place do I need clips ??????

well today with my help from my step dad the engine is in :)

221.jpg

how ever due to where it has been sitting for so long I noticed some wiring issues

few things I need to sort out asap

223.jpg

224.jpg

few parts of the loom is like this so I got to through the engine loom with I a fine tooth come and repair what ever I find :(

• 2 months later...

So been bit quite lately but managed to get fair few things done when I had spare time.

I have run all my sensors for my gageds wires though the bulk head to my centre console ready to be fitted in to my deli controller and apexi boost controller. Once I built a little false face as wont b having a radio etc. I had re wire some parts of the car due to accident damaged and just poor state of the wiring on the connectors.

Also had to buy some bits from

Toyota to rebuild the front end where I

Hit the tree put it out by 5 mill so ordered new slam pannel and headlight surround. And that be fitted when it goes for its respray end

Of the month.

I was also looking for new mani kit and oliie was selling his and got a good deal with him so that was brought last night and will b with me hopefuly at the weekend so I will put pics up once I have it fitted etc.

After 3 years the car Nearly complete been a long struggle

• jellybaby changed the title to Jellybabyj v dash back out to tidy up
  • jellybaby changed the title to Jellybabyj v carbon fibre wings arrived