top secrets wide arch ep82 - project restore

so i have had alot of interest in this baby over the last few weeks, i havent done any sort of a project thread in fairness so i said i would stick one up

bought the shell there at christmass basically just missing the engine and running gear, interior was all there apart from the seats

ive got a gi bonnet for it and looking for a spoiler to finish off the outside, still tho nothing doing much with it until i have my yellow one finished but rest assured this has big big plans for it and ill keep everyone updated as soon as i do more with it id say the start of the new year i should be full whack on this one

here is some pics of what its like now its all cleaned up now it was in a bit of a state when i got it. just waiting on some documents to be sent i was talking to the guy who took the engine out of it and has the mechanic reports from top secret but he is away in oz but when he gets back he will make some copys for me

d210dac9.jpg

9fc3e5b1.jpg

fe2b2499.jpg

680188c4.jpg

ff2b25a0.jpg

0d2a4891.jpg

b68c1eac.jpg

d3591ec7.jpg

f0d58d12.jpg

8cd28052.jpg

84fc3fa1.jpg

9811af15.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omfg!!! I want that kit baaaad!! How the hell did you end up with the topsecret gt dude? And realy realy keen to see the engine specs and paperwork copys :)

it was bought by a lad in ireland when it was first imported in to the uk, he then sold it to a lad in wexford where it sat in a yard for the past few years, i picked it up for handy money lad and i mean handy haha

i was on everywhere trying to find out about it but came up short on everything, was at a meet there then back in july and a lad came up to me asking about the car, he said he knows the lad who used to own it, we were talking and he said he had all the papers and mechanic reports from top secret but he kept them with the engine. ive been onto him and he said he will get the reports copied when he is home

the same lad told me where the demo hks ep91 is aswell, ill keep that info to myself atm tho cause i could be going to look at it, its been sitting up at the docks for the past 6-7 years and its ment to be a mental looking thing soon as i get mobile ill be going down to have a look at it and see what its about haha

ohh my god!!!! Well even if you dont buy it get pics for us to drool on!! And if you get short on space and need to clear the hks or topsecret out the way, pm me or grant lol we will take em off your hands and home them well haha ;)

ohh my god!!!! Well even if you dont buy it get pics for us to drool on!! And if you get short on space and need to clear the hks or topsecret out the way, pm me or grant lol we will take em off your hands and home them well haha ;)

tbh im not sure the politics of being able to actually buy it, it was brought over and held because of whoever brought it over never paid some fees or something but im defo going down to see what i can do even if nothing else get some pics. its ment to be complete aswell so it would have everything that hks made for it, the lad who seen it in person didnt know much about jap yolks at the time but he said it was a looker alright so im guessing its something special alright

yeah this was with keyleighs alright it was bought from them and brought to ireland, its still on uk plates and i have the log book from keileighs aswell, im just lucky i saved it tbh, if you remember ants top secret ep82 the red and black leather interior this one had the same but in white and blue it was sold unfortuatly,

i have loads of plans including a full respray, i was after that body works spoiler for it i think its the only car it will suit in fairness but after trying to get in touch with dale i was told it was sold again :bad:

oh no secret dude im going td05 16g externally gated, sacha is hooking me up with his ram style kit

ill give you dibs on it james of coarse 8) i was nearly shot the other day when i said i may have to break the yellow one eventually to pay for this one to be done

as said i really wanted the bodyworks spoiler but since that might not happen what would yous guys recommend? toms or livesport?

Brings back memories that car seemed no body really wanted it! I could build you a mental spoiler but the laser cut side brackets would cost abit to have cut probably looking 10mm thick alloy

Dean

tbh dean i would be well up for that something along the lines of the body works one yeah?

Yeh can make it as mad as you want what I would say is buy a universal carbon spoiler off eBay just se we can use the Center! I would also say we use some tie rods that fasten the spoiler to the top of the boot simply because of the force that would be put on the boot at speed

can someone please confirm if the bodyworks spoiler has been sold? it would be my first pick

if so dean then yes ill be full on for this alright im sure i could pick something up alright, how would you do it? would you have a gt boot there for a mock up or would you need the boot that im going to use?

i really like this now either way ill have the spoiler that im looking for haha

yeah engine was tuned by top secret and body work done by topsecret2 link below

http://topsecret.ico.bz/company1.html

i know nothing about the engine never went into any of that but ill know when i get the reports and that, when i picked up the shell it had a trd anti roll bar and a broken zep lower arm bar, everything else was stripped

aswell the engine wont be for sale he has it stored up but maybe give him time and you never know

Edited by pig666eon