Maybe it's time to get some info up finally. Don't expect this to be a big power built thread, but more likely a documentation of what have been/will be done. :-)

I bought this 96 spec Glanza V just over a year ago from a private seller. The car has been imported 2010 from Japan and
basicly all the mods were done there too.

SPECS UPDATED 04.02.14

Mileage 181000km

Engine

JAM Racing forged engine
RW-developments race spec rocker cover with catch tank
Zisco mildsteel manifold
Tongs GT spec hybrid
Blitz decat
Ultra red ignition leads
SARD fpr
HKS adjustable actuator
HKS mushroom air filter kit - relocated behind the passenger headlamp
HKS Hi-Power Silent exhaust with hi flow cat
Emanage Ultimate

Cooling

JAM Racing FMIC with JAM pipework, custom Zisco hot pipe
Civic rad with 1.1bar cap and slim fan
Water + Redline water wetter
TRD 71c thermo
JD Tuning cooling panel

Drivetrain

Helix organic fast road clutch and lightweight flywheel

Chassis

D2 coilovers
ZEP Racing Adjustable 3 point rear strut brace
C-pillar brace
Grooved front discs
Mintex pads
RG braided brake lines
Tegiva BMCS
Rota HM3's with Toyo T1R 195/50/15"

Others

Depo 60mm 4in1 boost, oil press, oil temp and voltage gauge
AEM uego AFR gauge
Indiglow dials
Earth X lithium battery relocated in boot
Eurospec headlights - we have LHD traffic
Defa block heater for winter use
Mitsuba Alpha II horns
Räzo carbon gear knob

Car came with Rota GT3's, the scoop and interior were stickerbombed,
bumper's cut for fmic is soooo ugly too :-G
6.jpg

Current look
4.jpg

Edited by JayJ
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had problems with clutch since I bought the car and it has been difficult to select gears every now and then. After owning the car one week I adjusted the pedal and it seemed to sort out the problem back then. Anyway, two months ago the biting point started to change randomly and sometimes gears were difficult to select too. I adjusted the pedal again, changed fluids and bleed the system and everything seemed to work again. Two weeks went and I was driving back to home when the gears started struggling again and clutch didn't disengage at all, so something was obviously broken.

I have changed the master and slave cylinders, but it didn't help and the car has been standing still 1½months now.

Happily I got these on friday and I'm going to deliver the parts to workshop on monday morning, so the car might be running again next week.

7.jpg?dl=0

I ended up choosing an organic fast road kit, because the car is in a "daily" use. I also bought a new fork just for sure to get the car running without fail. It will be much easier to drive in traffic than the old on/off sintered clutch and no more juddering starts. New kit is also rated for 240nm, so it should handle the current setup easily :-)

Edited by JayJ

I got a phone call this morning from the workshop and my car is now ready for pick up. They changed the clutch assy and adjusted the pedal, but mechanic said that reverse gear crunches. He thought that the issue might be the slave cylinder not pushing the fork enough to get the clutch disengage fully.

I have changed the slave and master cylinders before workshop got the car, so could the rod be too short and cause reverse crunch? I understood that other gears work fine. Any idea where I can get a longer rod or somekind of bushing to get the fork move more?

If you select first then select reverse does this stop the crunch happening?

Mine does this buy selecting first before reverse it lines up the gears in the box so you don't have to use the reverse syncro which is what will be worn causing the crunch.

If you select first then select reverse does this stop the crunch happening?

Mine does this buy selecting first before reverse it lines up the gears in the box so you don't have to use the reverse syncro which is what will be worn causing the crunch.

X2 mine dose this also lol

Also if i lift the clutch pedal back up and put it back down it will allow me to select reverse

So I went to pick up the car after work and the first thing I tried was the reverse gear and it was completely silent! Clutch is now ten times better and easier to drive in traffic. So happy to have this problem solved finally. :-)

Workshop guy also told, that the old friction plate was damaged and flywheel - clutch assy aligment pins were cut off, apparently by earlier owner :blink:

Oh yeah and postman was here too! ;-)

16.jpg?dl=0

Edited by JayJ

More goods arrived! :-)

15.jpg?dl=0

Of course radio, heater control lights and dials must color match!

10.jpg?dl=0

I also tried to adjust the idle RPMs today. I did shortcircuit TE1 and E1 from diagnostic plug and then adjusted the idle screw. Idle dropped just below 1000, but after a few seconds the idle went up to 1000-1100. I have JAM ecu, so will it readjust idle by itself? The idle screw is now turned totally in, so I can't adjust it anymore. Should I look for a small leak?

Edited by JayJ
  • 4 weeks later...

first I drilled a bigger hole for the long stopper bolt and changed it to a shorter one. Then I cut ~0.5cm away from the hex extension piece (or what it is called?) and installed the whole thing. The engine mount bolt should be coming out only 0.5cm or so to get this thing fit nicely. :thumbsup:

If the engine mount bolt is coming out more than ~0.5cm, then you have to cut more from the extension piece if possible or change a shorter engine mount bolt too.

11.jpg?dl=0

Edited by JayJ

Sorry for the bad pics, took these fast with a phone and it's sooo dark in here

Tegiwa BMCS fitted

11.jpg?dl=0

Blue little pills :crazy: Right rear wheel is a bit twisted, so they put a lot of weights on, 100grams or something lol. Atleast the car's not shaking.

12.jpg?dl=0

32.jpg?dl=0

Edited by JayJ