Rear Camber Question?

Is there any reason why you can use camber shims like the VW boys use on the stub axle?

i never looked at the rear suspension set up, or if you can do this. But somebody here will know.

They go on like this

/>http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=62035

Im sure you can. Pretty sure I've read about someone doing it on here, but id assume its more of a stance thing with vw's?

it is more of a stance thing, but in say amjads case its functional.

as a bit of camber with a wider tyre will probably give more contact patch

I find em a bit pikey tbh, just get some arch exstensions done

that doesnt fit with some peoples ideas, and if your just trying wheels or whatever then its better than twatting your rear arches with a hammer (Moorely :p)

Our stub axle is one piece with the axle, so this is not possible.

But, someone could cut the axle, make an adapter and fit the VW stub axle to the mounts for the caliper carier.

It can be done for sure.

Then you could adjust it as a VW...

I googled some pictures, it does appear that the stub axle is indeed part of the main beam!

Basically if we wanted camber it would mean chopping off the stub axle. Having 4 threaded holes putting in and then a good workable hub fitting to the beam. By no means imposible but a fair amount of work!

Something id like to do is try fitting the rear sub frame from say a ae92 corolla and utilise the independent rear suspension setup. Would give much better tuning capabilities handling wise!

• 3 months later...

Had my disc off there tonight there are four bolts in behind it which u can take the bottom two off and a couple of washers and there to go camber. Will put abit of strain on your abs but am going to take abs out so I will let you's know if it works

You 100% CAN... but it will need an angle grinder welder and alot of guts (or a few rear axles lol)

Lol I cant wait for the 'so Ive cut my stubaxle off now what thread' lol.

Why doesnt everyone just buy the d1 adjustable rear mounts from rhdjapan..