Fozzie's EL54 Paseo ST

Well as some of you may have seen, my tidy '96 Si was ram-raided by an angry granny in a auto VW Polo who "got confused between the pedals" (apparently yes, 2 is too many), while I was sat at some traffic lights. The repair costs were looking to be horrendous, so sadly I have had to give up on him and have replaced him with another tidy '96 ST.

It's pretty tidy but could do with an aesthetic tidy up here and there so those'll be the first jobs to do. However, he drives perfect with a genuine 63k on the clock, so I'm happy enough for now. Spec is pretty unexciting at the moment but I'll update as things gradually get done!

Interior
Panasonic CQ-RX300N headunit
FLI 6.5'' rear speakers
Glanza V front cupholders
GT Turbo 3-spoke wheel
Alloy gearknob
Black leather gear gaiter
Optional Rescueman III

Exterior
Optional ST rear spoiler
Xenon / LED bulbs
Clear front corner indicators
Celica Mk7 clear wing indicators
6 x 12 import rear plate

Chassis & Suspension

14'' Toyota 'Griffin' 7 spoke alloys
Uniroyal Rainsport 185/60/14 tyres

Standard springs
KYB Excel-G gas shock absorbers
Hypersport short shifter

Engine & Exhaust
Standard 5E-FE
Longlife T304 cat-back stainless steel exhaust

I had to travel up to Leicester to collect it (about 3 hour drive for me) but luckily Galliano was good enough to take me up. Here's a few snaps from the day:
553512_4794225257306_1662540883_n.jpg
420461_4794227697367_553104065_n.jpg
22701_4794228857396_49717803_n.jpg

And then a couple from up at my parents' the next day, when we basically turned it back into an Si again haha:
302639_4819509969408_134584831_n.jpg
545469_4819510609424_1361052998_n.jpg

On the left is my dead Si, Galliano's ST in the centre and then my new one on the right. In the background you can also see my black Si breaker, so now I have spares and 5es coming out of my various orificees lol.

Have a couple of parts to go on and a couple of smaller bits planned that I want to get done soon, so hopefully I'll have some updates before long!

Edited by Fozzie
  • 7 months later...

Well it's been a fair while since anything went down in here! Moved into our first house at the end of December last year and since it was a new build, there was quite a bit of time and money being needed to put in ie. there was no flooring, no decorating, garden was just a muddy mess etc etc, so car hasn't been in the front of my mind for a while.

However, I'm hoping now things are pretty much sorted on the house front, more interesting things can now be the focus! Took a little trip at the weekend to grab a few bits from steed (big thanks to this guy by the way). Now sitting in my shed I have a TD04L, manifold, downpipe, 3S GE 370cc injectors, 5EFHE rods and 4EFTE pistons, along with 4E ECU etc.

Still could do with a couple months to clear some debts, but once they're through I can hopefully grab the last couple bits and try to get it up and running. Still need a FMIC, civic radiator, relocated air filter, custom exhaust, TD04 oil and water lines and a load of bearings and gaskets to rebuild my spare 5E with. Will probably just try to get it running on low boost with 5E gearbox to start with, then gradually spec things up from there.

Cheeky shot of it looking clean before JapFest:

IMG_0043_zps48169808.jpg

Couple pictures of the new bits:

IMG_0062_zps18fa8212.jpg

IMG_0063_zps1ebd62f2.jpg

IMG_0064_zps8299a503.jpg

IMG_0067_zps515004b6.jpg

You can see how beast the FHE rods are compared to the FTE ones in the last pic! Other parts that I have somewhere which are yet to go on:
EP82 front strut brace
Spax 40mm springs
Toyota OE front foglights
Spare rocker cover (might just flog this and get a 4EFTE now)
RW Developments oil cap
Toyota 3 spoke leather steering wheel

Also have spare fuel rail and intake manifold, which I'll likely polish up and fit with the new turbo etc. A small step in the right direction for now, hopefully I'll have more interesting updates soon!

Edited by uberphil88

Cheers buddy :) It could do with some cosmetic work, as there's some paint run, small scuffs etc, but I have most of the spare panels etc needed.

He doesn't look too shabby once he's had a quick scrub up anyway ;) I'm kinda hoarding parts, then I'll take a week off at some point and just have a fitting binge haha

Cheers buddy, really looking forward to buying the last few parts and getting it all together.

Unfortunately bloody thing put a spanner in the works over the weekend; rear brake line burst while I was out so I lost all my braking. Managed to limp it home, only to discover that not only was it out of brake fluid but it has also lost almost all its oil in under 3k miles! No sign of smoke or obvious leaks so I have yet to discover how it's happened... :/

Pick it up tomorrow from garage round the corner, irritating as the money I'll spend on the bill could have covered the civic radiator I was eyeing up! :(

• 1 month later...

Looks super clean - totally puts mine to shame!

According to howmanyleft.co.uk there's only about 1000 Paseo's running this year in the UK so it's good to see super clean examples still alive. I'm on 64,000 miles too hopefully still on the road for years to come although I don't have two donor cars to play with like you do :cray: .

Good luck with your future projects!

Ha the photos are just kind, it could do with a bit of spit and polish really, but it's on the to-do list! :)

Yours sounds like it has some potential, you should get a thread up with some plans! Haha spares are useful; got my spare 5e out and ready to rebuild now :)

Cheers buddy, good luck with yours too!

• 1 month later...

Well a small update, made it through its first MOT under my ownership (after a few 'tweaks'); first car I've had in over 3 years that lasted long enough to reach an MOT!

Also scooped myself up some new wheels, which I think suit the car to a tee.

38A0BE02-94D4-47F2-8B52-ECBC14EFD382-913

They're Black Racing Comps in 14" x 6J. Currently have 185/60/14 tyres and a quick pop on the scales showed that they're around 0.6kg lighter per wheel than the standard Toyota alloys.

Did a little mock up to see how they'll look (terrible photo and they're not lined up great, but you get the idea);

4C7A3877-DCF8-4BA4-ACBB-B8ADAE960849-913

Ideally they'll have a refurb in the future but for now, roll on the weekend so I can get them fitted! :)

*EDIT* Still have these sat around as I haven't got around to sorting them out - currently looking for somewhere to powder coat them and fit some brand new tyres. Hopefully have it sorted soon so they can finally go on.

Edited by uberphil88