Just a few piccys to get started

Earlier pics still on old phone i will get them up soon.

Started out as 46k mile granny spec 1e in off white as many years of not being cleaned had took hold.

Drove it like that for 6 months then started the strip and modify!!!

Half painted at the minute in the brightest white I could find with gloss black roof.

20121106_182906.jpg

20121029_184532.jpg

20121018_174225.jpg

20121018_145256.jpg

20121018_162814.jpg

20121018_162814.jpg

20121029_184550.jpg

Edited by Neil69
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have a look at Taggys thread. he did exactly this

be interesting to see what youve done the same/different

To be honest his videos have been quite helpful. I have put discs on the rear which I m not sure if he did and will be running a standard tank not a fuel cell. Other than that I think it is very similar, oh and I cant afford his front brake upgrade either. lol

Edited by Neil69

Hey Neil, love the work you have done so far, I am particularly interested in how you have wired in your front brake servo. Since putting mine in my brakes are no where near as sharp as they used to be on the EP82 with the same brake setup. I Am just looking at the routing of your brake lines to see if i have some routed them wrong. :) will have to compare them.

Are you going to be using your stock fuel tank from the Ep70 for some how making the ep82 one fit onto the ep70. Only asking as the ep70 fuel tank isnt suitable for a turbo charged car which is why i put in the fuel cell, its got no swirl pott or baffle in it so if you bank hard around a corner your pump is going to suck up lots of air and run lean.

Hey Neil, love the work you have done so far, I am particularly interested in how you have wired in your front brake servo. Since putting mine in my brakes are no where near as sharp as they used to be on the EP82 with the same brake setup. I Am just looking at the routing of your brake lines to see if i have some routed them wrong. :) will have to compare them.

Are you going to be using your stock fuel tank from the Ep70 for some how making the ep82 one fit onto the ep70. Only asking as the ep70 fuel tank isnt suitable for a turbo charged car which is why i put in the fuel cell, its got no swirl pott or baffle in it so if you bank hard around a corner your pump is going to suck up lots of air and run lean.

I just copied the routing of the EP70 brake pipe layout. Just had to change one pipe from the 82 between the master and 4 way block on the bulkhead as the ep70 was too short.

I have ordered a boltt in unit from usa which has a baffle/collector built in the bottom of it. It needs 6 inch clearance and the tank has 7 inches from the old pickup mounting. The unit comes with a 255 lph walbro pump mounted inside and a return and vent. Hope it works!!

Right found the early pics of the car. just before I took it all apart

20120608_173954.jpg

20120608_174019.jpg

Started to take it apart

20120608_185434.jpg

The worst rust on the body was at the bottom of both a pillars, cut the outer skin off both at the bottom and let new metal in. Nothing major though. Rest of the body was only surface rust really.

20120613_094041.jpg

Oh and here is the doner car!!

IMG-20120513-WA0000.jpg

Wiring was removed complete from 82. i have opened the loom. and removed all ancillary wiring so left with engine loom only i hope!! Plan to just solder feeds to original barrel and hide all extra relays away behind dash or in original ep70 fusebox

Edited by Neil69

Yeah i wil cut it out and see if it helps :) The ignition wiring isnt as bad as it originally looks, if you check on the back of the ignition plug there are codes stamped onto the female section of the plug, they match up between both cars but are in different pin positions so you will have to do some creative wiring, failing that just copy the colour codes i have soldered together :)

You need the valve in servo pipe on a boosted engine. It's a one way valve so it stops you filling the servo with boost and giving you a hard peda

Coming along nicelyl

my gt turbo or the 70 did not have it!! Maybe i will find one