Coilover question

Basically, coilys for starlets are expensive. And i really cant afford them.

I lowered mine not too long ago and the shocks are already going.

I was wondering if anyones tried getting coilys designed for another car to go on a starlet?

Like the micra boys fit corsa b coilys. And i adapted some ford probe coilovers for the front of my 106.

Anyone tried anything like this before?

Edited by dan106

Im gonna try borrow a corsa b strut off someonejust to see how it lines up, i mean a full set brand new are like 150, i only payed 500 for the car, dont quite like the idea of spending more than that just on suspension, its worth a try to save alot of dough!

Plus i enjoy making my own stuff work, my 106 coilys cost 50 so i was well happy with that achievement, hopefully i can do the same on the starlet

• 2 weeks later...

Im gonna try borrow a corsa b strut off someonejust to see how it lines up, i mean a full set brand new are like 150, i only payed 500 for the car, dont quite like the idea of spending more than that just on suspension, its worth a try to save alot of dough!

Plus i enjoy making my own stuff work, my 106 coilys cost 50 so i was well happy with that achievement, hopefully i can do the same on the starlet

how did that work out?

anyone found a source for this vw coilover fitting idea?

• 3 weeks later...

if anyone wants to post me a starlet top mount i will see if it bolts onto my vw strut/spring

i have both 6n and 6n2 here so can definately work something out.

they look like this

DSCF3298.jpg

And you can leave/include that silver plate as neccasry depending on how the spring mates to the top mount

obviously that is a vw top mount on the far left, so you wouldnt be using that