Standard weight of a glanza ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I've just asked you for thsi on FB you must of read my mind :) Ohh and that weight is with the AC removed!

But i still had the spare wheel in and rear seats! Pluss my Recaro seats weigh more then the car hahaha and i had half tan of fuel!

Id like to get it down to 900KG and ill be happy

Edited by micky boy

sunroof model will have nothing except aircon removed but huge fmic to make up for that

gt will be standard without air con but has recaros :)

thinks its as close to standard as many of us can get these days and the na is standard with 98 spec glanza interior

Makes me think, is there really that many things that are really heavy that you can change without having an unbearable daily driver?

I know Bonnets are quite heavy, wings are reasonably light, and my GT bootlid feels quite light?

Wheels could be changed I guess but is there really that much more you can do without going crazy?

Makes me think, is there really that many things that are really heavy that you can change without having an unbearable daily driver?

I know Bonnets are quite heavy, wings are reasonably light, and my GT bootlid feels quite light?

Wheels could be changed I guess but is there really that much more you can do without going crazy?

rear seats, aircon, aircon unit,aircon pump, permantly rock half a tank, go to the loo before you drive the car, front seats were reasonably heavy (in my 98 spec),

rear seats, aircon, aircon unit,aircon pump, permantly rock half a tank, go to the loo before you drive the car, front seats were reasonably heavy (in my 98 spec),

Front seats in my n/a weighed peanuts, both together weighed less than one of the corolla gti seats i put in it. Rear seats aren't much either. The biggest weight was the seatbelts and associated clips and buckles.

Sound deadening will save you 10-15kgs at the very most and will make minimal difference to the car if you keep interior after removal

Yeah forgot coilovers were lighter. I'm rocking braces, bigger ARBs, GT4 brakes which will add weight but no air con, cat or heat shields. So probably works out same as stock?

Some big heavy Recaros are going in, but should be worth it in the corners lol. Would get brides but not all of us are mad of money :p

Little things make so much diffrance!..Even the spare wheel weighs 20KG alone and the spare jack that sits near the rear light behind the plastics weighs about 7KG so theres a saveing of 27KG just off to items

I remove my door cards today because im getting my car sprayed soon!..Even though i thought the door cards would weigh fook all they realy do lol..After removeing them i closed my drivers door and alomst set it through the passenger side haha the door flet so light!!!!

Phil we will have to take the back seats out of mine and the parcel shelf seat belts etc and put them on you weigh bridge and see what they come in at!!!

Edited by micky boy

Yeah door cards are supprising i managed to drop 170kg of my civic

If you wanna go anal cut the inner skin out

remove half the dash

Etc all adds.up

the glanza still has all seats etc in but the mani and coilovers etc save weight

removed the spare wheel etc and my keiichi tsuchiya wheels ( 4kg a corner) save lots :p

Thats a good thought that Jack :) theres not much sound bedding in glanza doors anyway so shouldnt make much diffrance with road noise etc!

Also i have 14" Toms wheels that weigh next to nothing :) Im putting my coilovers on soon so that should bring the weight down abit so looking forword to re-weighing it sometime in the summer :)

Wow does a spare really weigh that much? I had a space saver in the GT obviously that's gone now

Only thing with getting rid of deadening and taking bits of door card etc off is that it would be really annoying day to day. I'd take the back seats out and leave it at that really, but not even those weigh that much really. IIRC my GT rears came in at under 20kg with belt buckles

I wanna get mine on a weigh bridge as im curious

but i know if i see the weight ill wanna strip it out

Haha

Well thats where im at now lol

Now i know the weight of my car i want to lose more haha!..If i can get it down to 900KG ill be happy at that! :) if it ends up weighing less then bonus