4agte EP71 from New Zealand - 11.8@119mph

Sexy but too low to actually drive ~30mm ground clearance from sway bar mounts.

Going up a tire size then see what happens - struts are max low in the rear so will turret that in the next few weeks, just ordering the plates now

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dude. Its definitely not slow :p - had it pretty well dialled up and it handled pretty well considering.

You soon learn how to apply the power that's for sure - progressive throttle rather than just standing on it

Edited by Stu

Morgey - thanks dude

Andy - Yeah bro genuine wheels. Pop over for a geez, assume your back from the trip now? Not quite drivable, just finishing the suspension setup then back into the engine. Pretty close.

• 1 month later...

So in the search for more low I broke out a grinder...

20131223_122424s.jpg

20131223_183113s.jpg

20131223_201715s.jpg

All just tacked in place at the moment, will tig it up(inside and out) tomorrow. Also planning on running a couple of braces back to the floor and then modifying my cusco strut brace to suit. All in the aid of having full suspension range and not having to run the coil overs at max low.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, quite behind with this. This update is quite disjointed and happened quite a while ago so will try to update again as a fair amount has been done/happening.

So this is kinda where I got to with the inlet:
253%20-%20Inlet%20dummy.jpg

Sat the fuel rail in place and set the angles for the boses
254%20-%20Injectors%20dummy%20up.jpg

Setting the angle
258%20-%20Rail.jpg

Made up some tabs and dummy bolts to hold the rail in position
255%20-%20Rail%20mount.jpg

Another shot
256%20-%20Rail%20mount.jpg

Welded it all up
257%20-%20Inlet%20welded.jpg

Also bought some Links. Later changed to G4+
259%20-%20Link.jpg

Moving to the brakes, I had a look around for brake lines and due to the cheapness had a bit of a gamble with a set from Safebrakes just over the ditch in Oz. Nice lines and they pass all the required specs says Mr Certman
260%20-%20Brake%20lines.jpg

Ah, but its not plain sailing. When measuring an issue has arisen
The old ones measure...
261%20-%20Old%20brake%20lines.jpg

And the new ones measure...
262%20-%20New%20brake%20lines.jpg

And the body mounts measure...
263%20-%20Body%20mounts.jpg

But some stainless washers came to the rescue. Just needed a bit of a hone out
264%20-%20Washers.jpg

And they fitted like this to the lines
265%20-%20Washers.jpg

And fitted to the body like this
266%20-%20Fitted.jpg

The old lines in the back were a bit of a dick to come off so I delegated the task of removing them to Ryan and his Bluepoint flare nut tool which is better than my Repco branded one - thanks Bro
267%20-%20Fitted.jpg
So what else has been happening? Well currently the gearbox is out again for a double check and to fix a small leak - got it back together tonight and will fit in the next few days as I'm taking the opertunity to work on a few things while its out. Rear strut towers need completing then the back is finished fingers crossed. I've started on the wiring and bough new HEC715 coils for each plug. Will update again once photo worthy

Thanks dude - pretty slack with updates, have done heaps but too lazy to post anywhere.

Yeah small port red top 16v fuel rail - port spacings match the 20v head so handy to use. I think it should be good enough - its got an 044 bosch pump throwing fuel into it so there shouldn't be any issues. Yeah will weld up the cold start injector and machine it smooth. Probably end up running and external reg - will see when I get to it. Tempted to centre feed the rail and loop returns to a reg below the inlet - still pondering at this stage.

Edited by Stu
  • 2 weeks later...

Pictureless update /lazy

Gearbox has been apart and back together again and is now back in the car. Fitted the new suspension, braided brake lines, new sway bar with whiteline bush kit, and refitted the under body brace. Front end drive line is now all done - only item under the car left to do is mod a short section of the exhaust I'm not happy with.

Just about, welding it up now (taking a break). Hope to have it on the ground and rolling again this week. Also trying to find a guard roller to borrow, need to tickle the rear arches