Depends what your intentions are, if you want coilovers just to lower your car for the looks then nope you wont need one but if you intend on having a mental handling track slag then id say so , then you can adjust your camber and caster to get optimum handling.

As above, when you lower the car further to the ground, the camber gets pushed out, end up with negative camber. Its best to fit one so that the axle will be aligned properly on both sides, then you can adjust your geometry from an equal and static point.

A Panhard rod does not have anything to do with castor or camber

nondrivenrearlayout_02.jpg

This is similar to a starlet rear axle you have two traling arms coming from the body to the solid back axle. The the shocks going from the axle to the body.

The panhard rod goes from the body to the alxe this keeps the axle centered with the body.

When you lower the car as the panhard rod is a fixed length it will push the axle to one side. An adjustable one can be adjusted to bring the axle back into the center line with the car.

If you buy an adjustable Panhard Rod i believe that by adjusting it you can make the camber different but the main purpose is what these guys say, its a brace for the trailing arms and i would recommend getting one!

If you buy an adjustable Panhard Rod i believe that by adjusting it you can make the camber different but the main purpose is what these guys say, its a brace for the trailing arms and i would recommend getting one!

Not true

The stub axle is welded to to the bream on the starlets

Camber is unadjustable and shouldn't change

Not true

The stub axle is welded to to the bream on the starlets

Camber is unadjustable and shouldn't change

True but your pushing the trailing arms out arnt you if you adjust the panhard rod at a longer length?

No, all the panard rod does is moves the axle to the left or the right of the car, depending on whether you shorten or lengthen it!

Basically if the right wheel is sitting closer to the arch than the left when its sitting on the floor, you can move it across so that they both sit closer to the center or more evenly spaced to the arches.

If the geo is setup properly the rear axle will be centered against the front wheels but this may not necessarily mean its centered looks wise but is better for handling purposes ;)

The camber, toe never changes on the rear of our cars without a lot of work!