Now available - ZEP Style Carbon Reverse Bonnet Vents

These are now available for order guys.

Hi guys, I have developed a ZEP Style carbon reverse bonnet vent to fit both the EP82 and EP91.

After seeing the ZEP one, I must say I was astounded at how bad the quality was. This one is made of a full pre preg 2x2 twill weave carbon, and it is a bolt on application, not a stick on job.

Price: £160.00 delivered within the UK.

Here are some photos for you:

CCZepStyleReverseBonnetScoop_2_zps17e7a8

CCZepStyleReverseBonnetScoop_3_zpscbd67e

CCZepStyleReverseBonnetScoop_4_zpsc1e9fc

CCZepStyleReverseBonnetScoop_5_zps23ac0e

CCZepStyleReverseBonnetScoop_6_zps1b03f8

CCZepStylereverseStyleBonnetScoop_7_zps1

CCZepStyleReverseBonnetScoop_12_zpscd2a8

CCZepStyleReverseBonnetScoop_8_zps3fbdcf

CCZepStyleReverseBonnetScoop_9_zps6060e6

CCZepStyleReverseBonnetScoop_11_zpsfe0e8

CCZepStyleReverseBonnetScoop_10_zpsdf538

CCZepStyleReverseBonnetScoop_14_zps1003d

CCZepStyleReverseBonnetScoop_13_zps0ac4c

Just give me a shout if you want one now.

Cheers guys

Rick

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why so much?

I'd be interested at sub £100

I wouldn't say it is so much. the ZEP ones are a fair bit more and the quality is laughable.

Isn't that how much the Zep ones retailed for?

No mate, the ZEP ones are a fair bit more, especially when you factor in import duty etc.

Same here id be interested if the price was a little less!

The Zep ones are £185 posted and ep imports on FB can send me one over as a "gift" so i dont pay import charges etc!

As I said about the ZEP ones, I was astounded at how poor the quality was of the ZEP one. This one is in a totally different league quality wise.

This is why I'm not a fan of carbon. It's chronically overpriced.

Carbon is an expensive product to buy and work with, but it gives a look that cannot be reproduced, especially quality carbon.

fibreglass with carbon wrap is the cheaper option

Here's a tip for you. When you get married, buy your wife a gold plated wedding ring, you can't tell from a distance. :D

But looks shit :p

Agreed. Carbon wrap is a product of the devil which makes something look cheap and fake.

I'm not sure if you guys know the difference in carbon quality. the ZEP one is fibreglass with a layer of carbon over the top. It is a pretty thin weave and the laquer quality is woeful.

The carbon which will be produced by me is going to be produced by a manufacturer who makes carbon for a very large Japanese car manufacturer, it is a full pre preg carbon where no fibreglass is used apart from around the nuts which will allow it to be a bolt on application. It is a 2x2 wide twill weave which gives an amazing look for the carbon and makes it really stand out, and it is manufacturerd in the UK.

Cheers guys

Rick

Fibreglass with real carbon skin doesn't, take a look at Azz's Cruise style bonnet. :)

That one is carbon dipped Idrees which is not carbon, it is basically a sticker which is made to look like carbon but again you get a flat appearance from it, not a 3d look like you get with genuine carbon. That's how I could tell at a glance from a photo.

Here's a tip for you. When you get married, buy your wife a gold plated wedding ring, you can't tell from a distance. :D

Hahaha class this mate me laugh!

Yeah i see what your saying like Rick the Zep one dont look that very good quality i must say!

That one is carbon dipped Idrees which is not carbon, it is basically a sticker which is made to look like carbon but again you get a flat appearance from it, not a 3d look like you get with genuine carbon. That's how I could tell at a glance from a photo.

Ah right, I thought they skinned it with real carbon somehow. It does look good for the price though.

The TRD interior parts, are they made the same way then?

I work with carbon at uni, I make molecular wave plates with what's essentially the same as carbon fibre used with cars . Also use carbon nanotubes to dope liquid crystal matrices. It does look cool though I will admit! Just very overpriced Imo! But ill be interested to see what products you will be offering in the future :)

I work with carbon at uni, I make molecular wave plates with what's essentially the same as carbon fibre used with cars . Also use carbon nanotubes to dope liquid crystal matrices. It does look cool though I will admit! Just very overpriced Imo! But ill be interested to see what products you will be offering in the future :)

I've known u for a while now charl and I still have no idea what u do at UNi lol the first part of that post goes straight over my head lol

Fibreglass with real carbon skin doesn't, take a look at Azz's Cruise style bonnet. :)

Yes it does look shit compared to the real thing! I thought his was dipped anyway?

Edited by Broony

just because its zep doesnt mean it better quality your paying for a name right there, if they say there scoop will be much better quality then maybe it will like, zep had to make a name for themselves at some point why cant sub-zero carbon do the same? the zep one is just fiberglass with a carbon skin, these are going to be made of 100% carbon fiber so you cant even compare the zep to these ones as they will be far superior in materials, like where would you get this for that price? come on lads