Now available - ZEP Style Carbon Reverse Bonnet Vents

Na dont think anyone is compareing Ricks Carbon to Zep racing's Carbon!..As i said above the Zep one is prity poo quality for the money!

Just would be nice if these could be made abit cheaper :p tbh you could get a full Carbon bonnet for £400ish and id rather shot an extra £240 and get a full carbon bonnet!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but even with a carbon bonnet its just fiberglass with a carbon skin

tbh i looked into this stuff before and tbh i dont know how he would make a profit on 160 which includes delivery, carbon fiber is expensive and to make every layer needed in the stuff is going to cost a bit never mind making molds and professionally making the item

people cheap out buying the carbon skin and thats ok but if your a true cabon head this is the only way to go and i think thats a very good price for what your getting, id be up for one only i have a variis bonnet there

Fibreglass with a carbon skin have their place and I deal in a fair bit of that. It's really the only cost effective way to do it for panels like wings and bonnets etc. It is possible to get dry carbon panels but you need to be sat down when you find out the price LOL!!!

For small items like this though, pre preg is a much better way and the quality is so much better.

Just so you guys can see, here are some items made by the same manufacturer. This is the same pre preg carbon that will be used for the vents:

IMG_6217.jpg

This is the underside. As you can see there is no fibreglass used:

IMG_6218.jpg

Just a few more products:

IMG_6210.jpg

IMG_6211-1.jpg

IMG_6253.jpg

Hope you dont mind me posting these on here Rick feel free to remove them if so

Are these eyebrows real Carbon? they look prity good like and are realy light!

14274_326966530743943_324521315_n.jpg

68318_326966677410595_108190359_n.jpg

I don't mind at all mate. These are a fibreglass base with a genuine carbon skin. The eyebrows I will be selling will be the same. If you look at the carbon on top and then move it in the light, you will see the light move with the weave of the carbon which makes it look 3d.

If anybody wants to know anything please just ask as many questions as you like.

Be aware though that I am still learning. I bought Carbon Goodies as a going concern last year without knowing a thing about carbon. If there is a question I can't answer though I will find the answer for you.

Cheers

Rick

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys, the mould for this is now ready and we are going to be making the first prototype ones over the next few days hopefully. I'm currently after a bonnet that I can keep at the manufacturers so we can check the fit of every one before they go to customer. This is the only thing holding up the process now.

Cheers

Rick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...