Patches V - Link G4+ Standalone

coming along get rid of that Aircon stuff in the bay its not needed :D

Yeah im not that sure what parts can be chucked so i've left it for now lol

Forgot to say im also doing a DIY 3 gauge pillar pod, got a universal one and cut it and filed it to size. Super glue and body filler then paint :)

20130610_162631_zpsec7ec077.jpg

and im redoing the sump gasket as it was weeping and the last person to do it absolutely caked the sump in it! Found bits of gasket all over the bottom of the sump next to the plug

My crank and con rods, looks standard sadly :p was hoping for some forged goodies!

20130610_151103_zpsf330ba24.jpg

Edited by Patches
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mate all u hav to do is to put the 98 fuel pump into the 96shell! (ifn your usin the 98 wirin that is) easy peasy!

It should be that simple but they are totally different shapes for pump to sit in (98's a perfect circle and 96 is kinda oval) not to mention the fuel lines are different. I will get some photos comparing the 2

I've still got the fuel pump assemble with Walbro pump attached, as got silver one running and it's already got Walbro pump in it. £50 and its yours.

I already have a walbro buddy! Any chance i could just get the assembly for a tenner or something?

why did you change shell bro?

Chassis on my original starlet was bent and smashed at the drivers side, i'll get some photos up because people keep asking me. First noticed about a month after getting the car when i was getting the alignment done. Castor was off quite a bit but whoever repaired it did a decent repair on it. It did drive ok but pulled to the left constantly and liked left turns better than right ones lol!

i didnt want to sink any more money or power into it when it was like that

Chassis on my original starlet was bent and smashed at the drivers side, i'll get some photos up because people keep asking me. First noticed about a month after getting the car when i was getting the alignment done. Castor was off quite a bit but whoever repaired it did a decent repair on it. It did drive ok but pulled to the left constantly and liked left turns better than right ones lol!

i didnt want to sink any more money or power into it when it was like that

iamlegend, I've seen patches V and theres defo been a ding over in japland,the seem behind the drivers shockers a bit crinkle crunch.been repaired well!

Must be setting you back quite a bit of time and money. But will be worth it. Have you many plans for it mate? :).

Yeah i already sunk a great deal of cash into it already but thought it was a waste of time sinking more with the bent chassis! Once its back together im sticking on a td04 kit as well as getting a race spec rocker cover and catch can then full respray in white. Or maybe a different colour :p we will see when the time comes

Would rather just sell it complete tbh, sell your pump and buy mines lol, also I found the front number if your looking for one.

What about £40 then? And I'll pick it up tonight? Aye front number plate would be handy lol

Got the fuel pump off LeeG, fitted it and got the rest of my wiring in place.

Started her up but she was idling like a yoyo then dies after a few seconds, 3 fault codes. Heads fried with it so im gonna come back to it tomorrow and hopefully iron out the issues!

Resolved the problem the next day thanks to help from the forum members! I forgot to hook up some of my earths! I had also forgot to plug the knock sensor back in but its sorted now :p

Topper her up with some fresh v power and she starts and runs just like she should.

Its starting to look like a car again

20130618_171101_zps26158419.jpg

20130618_171348_zps5341f86d.jpg

The exhaust looks so weird without the back bumper

20130618_171421_zpsdec73dc1.jpg

So got the rear suspension, rear brakes, exhaust, intercooler, air filter and a few other bits and bobs fitted the last couple of days. Would have took it for a quick drive round the block but i cross threaded one of the front brake lines when i wasnt paying attention and brake fluids running out of it constantly so im going to need to sort that. Theres an oil leak from the oil feed off the td04 kit so im gonna get a new one of them.

Whiteline anti roll bar should be in the post, still waiting on bushes for the front of the wishbones. MOT time by the end of the week if im lucky!

wicked progress bud!!!

Almost there mate! Great progress.

You are blasting through this reshell mate :) Awesome progress so far.

Cheers guys!

Big update....

Took her for her first spin! :) fuck me its good to feel a turbo kick in again! Was getting sick of this sight in my sisters EP3

20130616_142118_zpsb7dab0b4.jpg

So i ordered hel brake lines and 1 custom line from earls to replace the other one i cross threaded, ordered both yesterday at 1pm came today at 11am :) Got them fitted, had a bit of trouble bleeding the brakes by myself but i realised i only had to only open the nipple (hehe) about a quarter turn and close before lifting off the pedal and go round the car 3-4 times to get all the air out.

20130620_112612_zpsa377ec5c.jpg

Once that was done i fired the wings and my old bumper on (dont have brackets made for the varis just yet)

20130620_155636_zps522198cb.jpg

Looking pretty shit just now haha!

20130620_193753_zps7a8edf5e.jpg

20130620_155645_zps7d0778ce.jpg

The intercooler pipes are fucking LOW! might need to cut the pipe work down a bit to raise it, was as high as i could get with the way it was.

20130620_155619_zps64b91323.jpg

So tomorrow i finish tidying up the wiring, get seat belts and anything else back in for MOT time :thumbsup: Got to say theres no better feeling than driving a car you've built! Surprised how little went wrong!

Edited by Patches

sweet mate! when u putin the side window in?

the windscreen ready yet? :p

awesome progress tho bud!

The windows will go back in after the respray. I've noticed that the 96 window has a few small chips at the top of it so i might not have a windscreen for you dude! they are really minor but the windows coming out anyway for the respray so i will probably just put the 98 one in since its perfect condition.

Bit of an update, first major issue! I tried to take the passenger wishbone off and the captive nut at the front came loose and was spinning about freely! absolute nightmare! took it to my friends garage who managed to cut open the chassis leg and weld the nut back in place. I never got a picture of the process but it was an awful thing to watch!

Got my super pro bushes and anti lift kit fitted! Started putting the roof liner back in, just need some glue to hold it in place.

Lots of wee jobs still to be done, best get the finger out and get her on the road! Respray due at the start of aug!