Eighty Six Love Affair

The Irish are mad for cams and the old school stuff like kp starlets, ep70s etc. I would hazard a guess at this stage that there are nearly more ae86 RWD Corollas in Ireland than any ther country in the world.

And I wouldn't tend to agree that they are dead slow standard. I've been in many a standard ae86 that pulled well. They are a great car waaaay ahead of their time, the looks, the lines, the power and torque of the engine was light years ahead of anything else at the time. My twincam is 29 years old and has never missed a beat. A lot of the gt coupes over here would put modern cars to shame in the cleanliness stakes

Gotta admit the old t-vis 16v 4age's are bullet proof, brother had a ae92 with one 165,000 when he brought it ragged the shit out of it for 13k gave it to me after he stacked it, for another 4-5k of abuse, then i sold it to a bloke in scotland to go drifting his ae86 with haha

Funny you should say that, he now has a ef civic with a b16 which he took out of his crx after he put that into a tree at 70. Its got 170,000miles leaks oil everywhere, LMA's need adjusting and the exh mani is missing 3 studs, loosing brake fluid, the psnger footwell keeps flooding and killing the fuel pump relay etc etc lol. But it Still pulls like a train in all fairness

But he does service it and warms it up every morning as any car he cares about, so fair do's really!

Edited by morgey