DOH DOH DOH! FCUK FCUK!! SORTED :)

well the bottom bolt shredded to bits stopped me removing it so the only way was to angle grind it out! so we go away and do it and this happend ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (cheers DAD :girl_devil:)

so.. what do you thnik i should do?? will say its not actually deep but dunno looks bad??

so if needing to replace.. is it the whole unit.. like brake disc etc or what?

id say you could put 5p coin half way in

IMG_2437_zps2edb8bac.jpg

Edited by iamlegend

Just get a new hub and bearing, hub shouldnt be too much off of here and a bearings what £25-30 if the new hub even needs a new one!

brakes, ball joint etc are all removable and reusable on the new hub, better be safe than sorry IMO

I say new hub i mean 2nd hand off a breaker ;)

Edited by morgey

Yea if you look at this pic

/>http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/stuartmurphy/Project%20V/HPIM2895.jpg

You can see the two holes where the brake carrier would bolt onto it. The arm to the bottom right is the one you cut through and the one at the top right is the steering arm :)

Edited by morgey

If u ever have a rounded nut in the future buy these u won't regret it ! I use then near every day we call them the life savers
/>http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=140897818242&index=5&nav=SEARCH&nid=67599409128

There a lot better that a nut splitter there cunts of things and hardly every work or u never have room to use it

Edited by MARK@CMBAUTOS

low hydrogen rod will weld cast but i think it will be ok the way it is! just get a better man on that grinder lol

low hy rod would not weld to cast more than likey just crack.

they did make cast rods but unsure if you can still get hold of them

• 2 weeks later...