• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree disagree disagree

These were dealer only options I bought mine off the very same guy kiwi corolla his username

He has one, I have one and someone he knows has one. This is either a fourth one hes found or its his mates (3rd) that are currently known on many Toyota forums. There may be more but I can't find any more. These are mega mega rare items and I happily paid 250 for mine worth it all day long for sheer rarity factor

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm the person who was selling the AirFantasy. It ended up selling to an enthusiast in Indonesia, however as of yesterday I now have another one available. This is literally the rarest optional extra that Toyota ever produced, so to even be able to find just one is considered extremely lucky, so to have found 5 so far (including the one fitted to my own car) is beyond belief. I only know of two others in the entire world, which haven't been sourced by me. I'm an enthusiast of genuine Toyota optional extras and have collected almost all of the options in my 1993 AE100 Corolla, which shared a lot of the options with the Starlets (including the AirFantasy, Mulitbox, CleanAce etc). The amount of options that Toyota brought out for the Starlet/Corolla is incredible, and surpasses the amount of options that were ever available to any other model that Toyota produced. You can tell they were very proud with both of these models B)

A lot of people wouldn't be able to justify spending this sort of money on a single item, so an item such as the AirFantasy will only really appeal to the enthusiasts out there and the people who know how rare something like this really is. The price in Japan back when the AirFantasy was available brand new from the dealer was ¥32,000, which these days equates to £228 or €272, which was a lot of money back in the early 90's, so my asking price of £292/€348 is very fair in my opinion :). You cannot buy these units from a dealership and the part number comes back as being invalid since they were only available as a dealer option when the car was brand new and weren't available to the general public after the car was purchased.

As mentioned earlier in this post, I have another AirFantasy unit available. It's in mint condition, just like new. If anybody is interested just let me know as I haven't advertised it publicly yet ;). Also, if anybody has any questions about how this unit works etc please don't hesitate to ask.

IMG_2769-resized.jpg

IMG_2768-resized.jpg

IMG_2770-resized.jpg

IMG_2771-resized.jpg

IMG_2777-resized.jpg

Good luck ^ :)

Thanks Steve fing32.gif

kiwi, where have you sourced them all from? theres quite a few optionals im after and would be good to know some of your sources if possible?

I sourced them all here in New Zealand, by scouring junkyards and wreckers. I'm my own source so if there's anything you need feel free to let me know :)

Here's a link to my CarDomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3246977

You can view all of the options I've acquired for my own car over the years, most of which were also available for the Starlets.

• 3 weeks later...