2 Times TOTB FWD Champion!!!

Love this! Definitely my style of a GT!

Was wondering what sort of damper rates do you normally set for track use?

Depends on track and tyres really but for my car on Dunlop rally tyres front 12 clicks hard and rear 6 clicks (DRY).

Try different settings as well as tyre pressures see what you find best. :)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that! Is that out of 15 in hardness? Is there a reason to run softer in the back?

I'm guessing because the rear ends are twitchy? I ran it quite hard on the back of my NA and the rear snapped on me at Donington

Thanks for that! Is that out of 15 in hardness? Is there a reason to run softer in the back?

I'm guessing because the rear ends are twitchy? I ran it quite hard on the back of my NA and the rear snapped on me at Donington

No worries :). I've found softer on the rear gives a more neutral steering it tends to 4 wheel slide rather than snap sideways.

Trial and error takes time...... but its what suits your driving style.

I will let you know what adjustment i've got.

Ah I see! My NA was only used on track once, and the rear stepped out a few times as I think it was too stiff maybe. My GT only had braces and springs when I used it on track and although it didn't handle anywhere near as well, it did slide through the corners (albeit with a fair bit or roll) nicely.

I'm hoping when I transfer the coilovers and ARBs etc from the NA>GT it'll have the handling characteristics I'm after!

Haha this just gets better and better, does sprinting cost much to do?

Depends on the series but £100-150 entry fee 8 practice runs and 8 timed runs (est)

Have a look on Toyota sprint series

http://www.toyotasprint.com/tss/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=20&id=942&Itemid=118

Good lad on owning Evos!

Cheers man :)

Ahh yeah toyota sprint series, no conversions that that chassis was never fitted with -_-

Lovely lol

If you do snetty again this year ill pop down n watch at a very least

MLR sprint series has guest class any car can enter which makes it interesting lol first place gets trophy :)

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=438223

Snettertons is a bit far only went last time because i had tickets to time attack final but will let you no.

319213_302965516380694_243833650_n.jpg

Not the rear strut brace, the upper brace underneath the car dude

O I don't have 1 under the car lol. The upper rear brace on my spec list is above the rear strut brace I think you have the same 1. Also did you weld plates in for your roll cage?