2 Times TOTB FWD Champion!!!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really like this mate,

Spoke to you at blyton on an MLR sprint series after you owned a lot of evos and scoobies :)

Good luck at TOTB next weekend, my mate's won the handling circuit last 2 years in a row but isn't entering this year as hes competing in time attack this weekend. So should give you a better chnace of winning :)

Really like this mate,

Spoke to you at blyton on an MLR sprint series after you owned a lot of evos and scoobies :)

Good luck at TOTB next weekend, my mate's won the handling circuit last 2 years in a row but

isn't entering this year as hes competing in time attack this weekend. So should give you a better chnace of winning :)

Nice1.

What car has your mate got is it that mini?

Nice1.

What car has your mate got is it that mini?

No fella hes got an astra GSI he beat the bike engined mini in the final last year.

Seems to be doing well, just won his class at Time Attack today too.

You done much 1/4 before? or just mainly aiming to win handling?

No fella hes got an astra GSI he beat the bike engined mini in the final last year.

Seems to be doing well, just won his class at Time Attack today too.

You done much 1/4 before? or just mainly aiming to win handling?

Yeh man seen that Astra before.

Not done any 1/4 mile just handling but il give it a go lol

If its a tmd engine then yea they did tend to use stock bolts :S also are you sure you zepbgasket has no over hang? My cruise gasket was a tad too small for my bore size and i lifted the head on stock bolts and boost.

I've known ARP bolts to stretch and allow the head to lift under full boost. Get studs mate :thumbsup:

The head lifting causes oil and water to mix into the combustion chamber, results in blowing the gasket, bowing the head, worse case would be contaminating the fuel + air mix and causing det.

9 times out of 10 it will just cuase typical hg failure symtoms. And mix the oil and water cuasing the ever nasty mayo in the system. I had an arp begin to lft but mostly due to a failure in the bolt as it snapped when trying to reuse and re torque the bolt down. Other than that arp bolts are pretty damn good. Is alot of hassel swapping to studs unless your doing a full engine rebuild as it all needs drilling out etc.

Cool. And yea been there mate. Had head lift on oem bolts and tore a hole in a cheap arse autobhaan rad hose lol. The overlap on the cruise hg didnt help the issue either. All good fun though. Thing with higher spec cars is you make one bit better and it just highlights the next weakest link.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...