This is my 1994 Ep82 GT Turbo..Bought it almost as standard as they come these days, the only mods were a K&N cone filter, Bailey bov and an Apiro backbox. It was running stock boost & had 128km when I got it, still got speed limiter and fuel cut installed.

Spec now is:

> CT9B turbo w/ported wastegate

> Zisco manifold & screamer

> External wastegate with Tial .9bar spring

> Blitz Decat

> Short route front-mount intercooler

> Buddyclub Spec 2 exhaust

> Jam FCD

> SARD rrfpr

> G6R 6speed gearbox

> Toda Flywheel

> C's shortshifter

> NGK #7 Iridium Plugs

> NGK Magnecore HT Leads

> Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump

> Exedy Organic Clutch

> Powerflow front mount air Filter

> HKS Turbo Timer

Suspension:

> Powerflex engine & gearbox bushes

> OEM front strut brace

> Optional OEM 3-point rear strut brace

> C-pillar brace

> Meister ZetaR coilovers

Exterior:

> Optional OEM Toyota wind deflectors

> Optional OEM Toyota floormats

> Buddyclub P1 Racing alloys in graphite

> On 4 Toyo Proxe T1Rs

Edited by Ryan_EP82 GT
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks bud, trying to keep her below fuel cut for the minute an student loans dont stretch that far! haha.. though I've nothing but time and i absolutely love the car lol!

wat set-up you running with your tdo4 mate?

all comments/suggestions welcome!

Edited by Ryan_EP82 GT

very nice mate glad your enjoying it atm

Air Filter relocation will be a good mod to start with get some cool air to it. if your planning on getting a little more power and not spending to much buy a FCD and up the boost slighty maybe a front mount intercooler to....

look forward to the updates

aidan

yea loving it mate,it was a choice between a Vtec an the GT & im sure i made the right choice lol..

i wanna stick with the top mount to be honest i prefer it looks wise an dont really wanna cut into the bumper! :/ im thinkin of getting a greddy emanage blue and greddy evc for upping the boost becos if i do eventually go tdo4 or even hybrid ile need the management anyway..trying to invest wisely for the future too lol

im just waiting on the exhaust arriving its the last piece of my jigsaw lol i went for the twin-pipe look,somethin different.. have the relocation kit ready 2 go on and rx-7 tmic arrived today :D delighted! but i want it put together in one day so im holding off :)

ile put up a few pics an vids when ther fitted!

Edited by Ryan_EP82 GT

yea loving it mate,it was a choice between a Vtec an the GT & im sure i made the right choice lol..

i wanna stick with the top mount to be honest i prefer it looks wise an dont really wanna cut into the bumper! :/ im thinkin of getting a greddy emanage blue and greddy evc for upping the boost becos if i do eventually go tdo4 or even hybrid ile need the management anyway..trying to invest wisely for the future too lol

im just waiting on the exhaust arriving its the last piece of my jigsaw lol i went for the twin-pipe look,somethin different.. have the relocation kit ready 2 go on and rx-7 tmic arrived today :D delighted! but i want it put together in one day so im holding off :)

ile put up a few pics an vids when ther fitted!

i like the plans you got going atm i'd speak to some of the other guys on here they have alot more knowledge than i do but RBZ has his running pretty sweet and he is'nt runnin an aftermarket ecu if you go for a TD04 just set it to 1.0 bar on a adjustable actuator and get a manual boost controller set that up..and set up the fueling with a FPR should be ok ....theres a few other things need but it's pretty simple

like the plans anyway mate look forward to more updates :)

Its a hard call Spoon btwn management and RRFPR/FCD, there both gonna skin me around 130-150..its a bit of a long way off just now anyway :(

although i love the idea of a manual boost controller, i always pictured having set boost modes, one for casual driving and one for racing.. but manual wud be more fun definately lol..

Ile have a wee look at yours Towbar and see how it fits :) Love the 82's myself woulda loved a grey/silver colour...blacks so hard to keep clean :(

I'd rather go down the emb route and a ct9 hybrid. Will make a nice responsive car. It's nice when you get them near enough standard. Mine only came with sard r2d2 bov, jap exhaust, rsr panhard rod, tein coilys handlers so well and a hks turbo timer all done over in jap land apart from the bov

I'd rather go down the emb route and a ct9 hybrid. Will make a nice responsive car. It's nice when you get them near enough standard. Mine only came with sard r2d2 bov, jap exhaust, rsr panhard rod, tein coilys handlers so well and a hks turbo timer all done over in jap land apart from the bov

What Shorty said makes sense

John

mate, for a start.. What. Turbo is that beside you in the pic? lol it is HUGE!

i wanted it as close to stock as poss to mate, wish i hadve looked around for one with coilys but i have her now im sure ile get it around to my liking! :)

Edited by Ryan_EP82 GT

mate, for a start..what the hell turbo is that beside you in the pic? lol it is HUGE! i wanted it as close to stock as poss to mate, wish i hadve looked around for one with coilys but i have her now im sure ile get it around to my liking! :)im thinking emb too for future turbo changes..unfortunately ive too much on the list ahead of me to worry about management yet :/ haha

It's a HTA GT35 and that's shorty in the pic, he gets excited over it haha

Really nice base to start from. Takes time to get them how you want. Just leave room at the end of the list for the emb or other form of management. Will be much better to drive on

It's a HTA GT35 and that's shorty in the pic, he gets excited over it haha

Really nice base to start from. Takes time to get them how you want. Just leave room at the end of the list for the emb or other form of management. Will be much better to drive on

im not suprised im sure ther wud be some power off it!

thanks dude it does indeed, im just getting the finishing touches put to her over the next month or 2..then i can look at the boost controller/engine mngmt :) and find out what this ct9 @1bar actually feels lik lol

Thanks lads! Yeh Amjad i spent basically all my first budget on the maintenance nothing beats peace of mind..lol i havent even got round to spending money on the things i actually want :( But im gonna make a long term project out of the car an tryna keep it as reliable as possible seeing as its my daily..so im taking my time with things!

Relocated the air filter to in front of the radiator, sits just nicely behing the grill :D

DSC00260_zps934ea7ed.jpg

Gave the RX-7 intercooler a polish and fitted it today! :) Definately miss the old Turbo casing already lol

DSC00259_zps0b9f9738.jpg

Not a dent on the fins, quicker response i think after trying it out! Adding this and the swap for ct9b turbo shud make for quick spool :)

Changed the filter and oil again for more Millers 10W50.

yoe_zpsc5081485.jpg

rx7tmic_zpsa37efbec.jpg

After a good test run to make sure everything was tight and secure, no leaks or bown off pipes = result!

Edited by Ryan_EP82 GT