ABS Removal Kit - Worth Doing?

Morning guys,

Pricing is yet to be confirmed but its looking that we can put a kit together for around the £90 mark. Would this be something you would be interested in at that sort of cost or should I not bother? :)

Cheers

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that is with braided hosing, should be able to do it in a variety of colours too if people would prefer :) Would be everything needed to run without the ABS for a GT or a Glanza. Cheers Mike JonesTuning Developments Ltd

When do you think you will have these available Mike? Could do with one in 3 weeks time before my new engine goes in

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can I ask the reason for removing ABS? I find my ABS is too keen on some junctions if theres a bit of gravel there and i find when it kicks it doesn't seem to do a great deal? Would braking be better without it?

Well, you'd get more feel of the brakes and the ability to lock the wheels, but the flip side is you have far less control of the steering under braking. I can't really see why you'd want to turn it off unless you're doing regular track days and want more control of the brakes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just made my own ones up using copper pipe in the end because i was in a rush. Cost about 15 quid overall but looks shit compared to braided lines. To order all the standard parts from Toyota is 90 quid atm so if this is around the same price them its a bargin !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...