DGR COILOVERS PROBLEM

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pre-load messes with compression etc of the damper stroke something along the lines of that for weight transfer when braking and accelerating im not too clued up on it but i do know that....it has no use on a street car and should be left alone (should actually come pre-set when you buy them)

as idrees said i can be dangerous, get in touch with CJ im sure they will sort it

ive emailed dgr guys will get them to send out either shorter springs or complete units to resolve it :)

Nice one James, I'm having it all aligned after work so can I keep the front ones and just send the rears back if I have to so I don't have to get it all aligned again?

You shouldn't need alignment doing again. It's easy to adjust panhard rod yourself, doesn't have to be exact like the front. I mean most of the forum probably drives lowered cars without an adj panhard rod at all!

Dont do your alignment until you have the suspension set up. Its a waste of time.

They will use guages on the back and front wheels to set them up and if they are doing full set up will adjust the camber also.

Bringing down the back end will then upset all of this.

When doing alignment the 1st thing you do is check tyre pressures. If a few mm in your tyre wall makes a diff then it sitting like a monster truck at the back will send it way out.

I 100% would wait untill its all done 1st.