CJ Performance - Where We Stand...

hi

this forum needs to hear genuine concise answers re the issues not all chit-chat . this not helping those that can`t make paypal dispute claims & are wanting a response& refund

i sent PM as requested & nothing since as others have done

the problem`s can`t go away if the HEAD-IN-SAND approach is used

regular up-dates are needed now so matters don`t get any worse

lyle

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I had an email from James yesterday promising an update on coily group buy sent many messages and not had alot of comeback I've gone to bank to start a dispute today just inCase so pissed off !

Been more than patient and polite

I put paypal claim in, but it was closed automaticly, because transaction was made three months ago, so Paypal won't help me anymore. Dispute was saved for future reference anyway, so maybe it would help someone someday. Only hope is that CJP will refund my money, but I have my doubts.

Atleast this was really a lesson learned and in future I will open claim immediately after 30 days, if I haven't received my purchase. Not gonna listen excuses anymore with anyone :sad:

This is not my info, its off saxperience. It was posted by mango_Wes......

Paid for something but not received it?

I have noticed that there is not really a guide / information if you have been scammed by someone on this website. I currently work in Disputes for a leading bank in market dealing with customers such as yourselves buying and selling items.

As long as you pay via your PAN number you are covered under a Visa charge back.

So for example,

You pay someone viaPayPaland you haveto useyourcard number to register this payment?

Your 30 days have passed and you are unable to claim your payment back via a PayPal dispute. Call you bank's telephone banking number, this is located on there website.

When you reach the operator, ask to be passed to disputes.

Your be asked something along the lines of -

What did you order? When was you expecting the item to be delivered? What was the delivery address? Have you tried to contact the company/seller?

Your normally have to wait 15 days from the date of the debit before being able to raisea dispute.

This is the FSA'a regulations to at least givethecompany or sellertime to supply theitem beforeyou raise a C/B against that person.

You can do this with anything, as long as its a DEBIT card payment. You can check this viayour bank statement. The reference would be ' DEB '.

Things to watch out for -

You are not covered for making bank transfers so don't do them. You have to wait at least 15 days of date of payment. You can only dispute a debit card payment. Not a Direct Debit etc. Timescalefor dispute 10-15 days.

Paid for something and its not as described?

You can also claim back your money via your bank if your goods are not as described!

For example -

Seller -

Got a Door for sale, its a blue colour.

Buyer then receives item and in fact its a Red door. You are able to claim yourpaymentback!

You must collectthefollowing information during the buying of the item.

Address Name of person Keep all correspondence of the deal. 'Emails, Pvt messages'

Your disputes department at your bank can also deal with this type of case for you as well.

You will be required to return the goods before the bank will release a credit for you. You don't have to send it express delivery and the seller dose not actually need to accept the item, as long as the buyer is no longer in possession of the item the claim can be processed.

Things to watch out for -

Make sure you get an address Keep your pvt messages / emails Your need proof of postage to show you have returned it for your bank to credit you. Process time - 10-15 days

Last but not least -

You have up to 120 days to raise a Visa c/b so don't leave it to late!

I hope this helps some people who are stuck / out of pocket by the odd individual.

Has anyone had any kind of contact with James or Tara on these I had a email couple days ago I emailed him through his website was promised update yesterday got nothing so started a dispute just didn't want to have to do this bit been left no choice

Did you try ringing him? Think he's changed his number tho going by what was said on there website thread.

Edit: oh no tommyk said it above, my bad lol

Edited by Lew91

Yea tried that aswel neither are answering my emails all I asked for was an update but dispute it is can't afford to loose best part of 500 quid

Luckily I paid with a credit card eh

Edited by Lawless

Anybody heard any more on this? Waiting for my coilys and dont know if i should wait a bit longer or start trying to get money back etc. Last i heard was fromn Tara saying that the coilys were on the boat and that they would be getting posted out once they arrive.

Anybody heard any more on this? Waiting for my coilys and dont know if i should wait a bit longer or start trying to get money back etc. Last i heard was fromn Tara saying that the coilys were on the boat and that they would be getting posted out once they arrive.

In the same boat as you mate was promise an update couple days ago got nothing I've started claiming funds back just as a precaution as no one seems to intrested in replying to my emails

I would start a claim you get the goods in the mean time happy days if not you'll get your dough back

If you paid through PayPal you can put a dispute in it should take you step by step through it but I paid with credit card so my banks sorting it for me once I send the form off but I would put a dispute in through PayPal ASAP mate because you only get so long to do it and I am giving them the Benefit of the doubt mate but had such little response with questions and requested updates had nothing dude so wouldn't hold your breath been more than polite and patient so covering my own back now you just never no last thinks you wanna do is risk loosing that amount of cash

Ok cheers dude, i have left a few more messages with CJP and Tara on here, would like to think they will follow through with what they said they would do but like you say need to cover my back.

cheers again dude

If CJP is a registered business, you can refer this to the Office of Fair Trading and Trading Standards. These bodies can force a repayment of any monies paid for faulty goods.

Just some extra info

He was trading as a sole trader/self employed so no come back.

With regards to the chargeback scheme, i beleieve cj performance only took payments via paypal (which i doubt would be covered under chargeback, but covered by paypal rules), cash or bank transfer - the later you have no chance of getting money back via bank.

If CJ arent seen to be issuing refunds, then the only way to get money back would be the small claims courts, which can be done online. Sadly it costs you money however, in most cases if you win, you can claim these back.

He was trading as a sole trader/self employed so no come back.

With regards to the chargeback scheme, i beleieve cj performance only took payments via paypal (which i doubt would be covered under chargeback, but covered by paypal rules), cash or bank transfer - the later you have no chance of getting money back via bank.

If CJ arent seen to be issuing refunds, then the only way to get money back would be the small claims courts, which can be done online. Sadly it costs you money however, in most cases if you win, you can claim these back.

A chargeback on a credit card can be initated for a payment sent by PayPal, as long as it wasn't sent as a gift. You are covered under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act

Edited by chrisgreen1993