Another set of melted pistons after remap...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timing does that too engines. Its too far advanced surely if they have both gone on the intake side? Ie piston is still on its way up when its igniting causing way to much heat/Stress.

Possible to keep in check with a constant supply of top quality fuel etc etc but on a road car its too agressive

2 cars on similiar setups is definetely a tuning issue. No doubt about it!

Tbf though it would only become a serious problem at max load and revs etc due to heat build up (IE MELTED PISTONS!)

TT

IF there was an issue 2 different cars have gone to the same tuner and the same thing as happened clearly they are doing something wrong!

A little bit more productive keep trying but I get the feeling you have some other issue that maybe you need to talk to Td about because until the you will only ever comment to try make things worse

Come guys I don't want it to turn into one big argument. People can make their own minds up. If there hasn't been another recent case of this I wouldn't be so sceptical. But as said theres a chance we could've just been unlucky. I have my own thoughts on it because I know myself how confident I was in the components such as injectors fuel pump fpr etc.

At the end of the day my engine failed and this is why. If this helps anyone in the future then at least someone has gained from this, because I certainly haven't.

There's only one winner here and I can tell you it's not the customers.....

That's for the customer and the business to sort out - not for anyone else as some of your comments could be taken as slander/libel.

the two customers in this thread who have had issues are in contact with the company.

Come guys I don't want it to turn into one big argument. People can make their own minds up. If there hasn't been another recent case of this I wouldn't be so sceptical. But as said theres a chance we could've just been unlucky. I have my own thoughts on it because I know myself how confident I was in the components such as injectors fuel pump fpr etc.

At the end of the day my engine failed and this is why. If this helps anyone in the future then at least someone has gained from this, because I certainly haven't.

I agree and I'm glad you managed to get it sorted quickly. And hope the reason is found so it dosent happen again to anybody but when someone is only commenting to bad mouth someone and try and ruin there reputation I don't see the point it helps nobody it's just petty and childish really probably abit of jealousy there as well with nothing better todo

Sorry rant over :)

What management was running on both cars that have melted and specs ect like correct spark plug heat range and injector sizes ect and if mapped on v power always ran on v power so on. Was it road mapped or dyno mapped or both so on.. Like said customer and company need to talk and figure things out and what's going to happen at the end of the day the company don't need slander on a forum because the still have a reputation ect

My old v was mapped at td 219,7bhp on stock internals had all the supporting mods and threw a rod 2month after mapping I didn't put blame on td I put it down to too much power for a 1.3 and possible un healthy engine as there clocking on in age and also miles and not easy miles no one drives a ep like a old lady let be honest

Yeah they have a lot of happy customers. I was a happy customer until yesterday! Lol.

I've Now contacted them explaining the situation so hopefully we can come to a resolution soon. As for now I just want a running engine in it and to get a running engine for SAMs.

Spec:

-td04 wepr externally gated at 1 bar

-Standard injectors (never me had an issue with them and no issue arose during mapping to my knowledge)

- walboro 225 pump that has been tested and is fine

- mapped on 95ron and always ran on 95ron.

- emanage blue

- dyno mapped then road tested

- Sard fpr and all the usual stuff like front mount, exhaust etc.

Seems a good power and spec only thing that springs to mind is stock injectors but if ok on injector dutie cycle and not maxed to the limit then shouldn't be a problem. What's the max bhp stock internals can take though 220-240 ish so is it really safe running on limit,, IMO I'd rather run less power with a much safer map and so that engines last longer but I do know some people can be number chasers ha