All

In light of the recent issues with one of our Traders, the rules have been re-written,please see below:

Welcome to the UK Starlet Owners.

If you're lucky enough to be approved and become a Registered Trader then we do ask you obey and respect the rules. Not only to protect our members, but yourselves too.

1, Registered Traders will respond to all PMs from our members within 48hours regarding items where payments have been taken. If you're not going to be able to access an internet connection for longer than 48hours, then please post up warnings in advance.
Remember members can see when you have read their PM Messages!

2, Registered Traders will not post contact details in the technical sections guiding members towards themselves.
By all means explain in a thread you offer said items, but leave it to the member to contact you.

3, Registered Traders will not bad-mouth a fellow trader's workmanship, products or plans.

4, Registered Traders will not start any arguments or disagreements between themselves and a fellow trader/member in Public View.
PM or Private Sections are here if you have any issues with a fellow Trader.

5, Registered Traders will not PM members with details of products and their pricing to purposefully undercut a fellow Trader.
By all means let people know you offer said products in a thread, but leave it up to them to get in touch.

6, Registered Traders have the right to open Group Buys without prior permission from a member of Staff. However you will provide and keep to projected dates/timescales and keep the members informed. A request of up to 50% can be asked to secure and final payment once you are ready to send out the stock.
We don't want to see Group Buys going on for ages and members having to chase up their items.

7, Registered Traders will be required to show a complete price per item including VAT (if VAT Registered). You are also to clearly state if delivery is included. You must post a price that the end buyer will pay, with no hidden charges.

ANY breach of these rules could result in a formal warning.

We reserve the right to change these rules and/or add new ones as we see fit.

You will be informed of these rule changes as and when.

UKSO Admin Team

Edited by Nanglebadger

Good clear rules there only thing i would say is, theres nothing about items need to be test fitted with pictures or anything.

Just going with a few people having items that didnt fit correctly therefore rendering them useless or causing massive hassle for people.

Fuel rails, cam gears, coilovers for example.

Just my 2p :)

Agree with Morgey good to see these made available. Also a good point made.

Will there be a set time for GB's from now on? Should possibly be set at 45 days from 1st payment keeping all buyers safe?

Whether or not that is viable is a different matter but does offer a fool proof plan also means no one is taking cash for something they are going to mess around with.

the difficulty would still lie in enforcing that.

from the staff's point of view, we'd have to rely on those members taking part in the GB, if it gets to 45 days, to remember to put their paypal claim in themselves.

i dont think there's anyway we could automate that tbh. however, if i'm talking rubbish please feel free to correct me.

Phil.

Nah I completely understand the only way to enforce that would be to start a clock basically from the day of taking 1st payment but obviously might be a little more difficult to actually enforce it.

TBH I would hope from now on most people will keep track of dates and people involved in the GB can enforce that themselves.

Given that traders dont penalise anyone who may open one while the GB is still continuing.

Cheers

to be approved to be approved, is it meant to read like that?

might have more.... authoritativeness without the duplication in there.

However, always good to see rules being applied especially for us occasion users who want to feel safe splashing some cash on the approved traders parts.

Phil

Edited by Philm

Lol i have and it states that: "Registered Traders will respond to all PMs from our members within 48hours regarding items where payments have been taken. If you're not going to be able to access an internet connection for longer than 48hours, then please post up warnings in advance.Remember members can see when you have read their PM Messages!" But doesnt say within reading or reciving of the message? just wondered as its not too obviouse which :)

Edited by shorty

Id say since the PM was read by the trader but tbh, I expect a reply pretty quickly from a trader apon reading a PM. Even if it was just a simple short reply or i'll need a few hours or whatever, rather than a total silence for 2 days.

Anyway, glad the rules are up for us all to see :)

Edited by daniel_g

Lol i have and it states that: "Registered Traders will respond to all PMs from our members within 48hours regarding items where payments have been taken. If you're not going to be able to access an internet connection for longer than 48hours, then please post up warnings in advance.Remember members can see when you have read their PM Messages!" But doesnt say within reading or reciving of the message? just wondered as its not too obviouse which :)

Shorty

It is from when the Trader has read the e-mail mate.

1, Registered Traders will respond to all PMs from our members within 48hours regarding items where payments have been taken. If you're not going to be able to access an internet connection for longer than 48hours, then please post up warnings in advance.

Remember members can see when you have read their PM Messages!

Remember these rules are directed to the Trader

Regards

John

• 3 weeks later...