Kei car daily - Daihatsu Cuore Avanzato

I've been eyeing up Kei cas for some time and when one popped up for sale in Glasgow, I couldn't resist. This is the intended replacement for the scooby which is killing me on fuel costs during my short commute at max. 30mph

Here's the spec.

Make: Daihatsu
Model: Cuore/Mira Avanzato TRxx R4
Displacement: 659cc
Chassis type: L512s
No. of Doors: 3
Fuel Type: Petrol
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Drive System: Interchangeable 2/4WD

The Figures
Stock Power: 64BHP
Stock Torque: 73.75 lb/ft
0-60 MPH: 8.5 Seconds
Kerb Weight: 768KG
Fuel Tank Capacity: 30 litres
Average MPG: 45MPG (Mixed driving)
Wheel size: 5j x 110PCD
Standard Tyre Size: 155/65R 13

Only driven it once so far but, oh my god, it's so much fun. The turbo spools fast to about 14psi and red lines at 8.5K.

It's nowhere near the pace of the scobby as you would expect but for driving round the town it's fantastic.

Haven't tried 4wd as yet - you have to pull a lever on the transfer box to engage so not exactly convenient.

Plans so for are a machine polish, general clean and inspection. Then source some lowering springs and wider wheels (if I can find anything with 4x110PCD)

Here's a few photos!

2013-04-27174515_zps290fdf3e.jpg

2013-04-27175126_zps6a8414c0.jpg

2013-04-28172550_zps91424dc6.jpg

2013-04-28172601_zpsa5a604a6.jpg

2013-04-28172535_zpsbfabdf4a.jpg

473470_10152770618685302_1979767062_o_zp

Looking at making it breath easier to begin with.

Air filter and starlet top mount will be on soon.

It has a stainless exhaust already but I think it was fabricated as an OE replacement so not that free flowing.

First proper drive in it today. Not had enough road to hit the rev limit yet!

Filled up the tank this morning for £30 :thumbsup:

^^^ been looking at his build thread. Some amount of work put in. Love the bolt on arches and wide rims.

looks funky :D how much was it if you dont mind me asking bud? ideal town run about car :)

Was an ebay buy for 1100. Not too bad for an extremely rare motor. They seem to change hands quite frequently so tends to be one or two for sale regularly. Mostly down south though.

^^^ been looking at his build thread. Some amount of work put in. Love the bolt on arches and wide rims. Was an ebay buy for 1100. Not too bad for an extremely rare motor. They seem to change hands quite frequently so tends to be one or two for sale regularly. Mostly down south though.

thats cheap, especially for that model too, I think theyre quite rare over here? its an imported one ye? :) wide arches suit it

thats cheap, especially for that model too, I think theyre quite rare over here? its an imported one ye? :) wide arches suit it

This ones a UK model. Only 80 odd were brought in to UK dealerships. There were also a further 20 Avanzato's which were built and tuned by Harry Hockley Motorsport for a one off Daihatsu Rally Challenge competition.

Yess another Kei car owner. Ive got a White Cappuccino.

I had a look on your thread. Looks amazing! Whats the Cappuccinos bhp per tonne?

Was spinning the front wheels infirst and second this morn so will need to engage 4wd and see how it grips!

Yep. Push in for 2 wheel and out for 4. Im told you have to rock the car back and forward and ensure the button is in the correct place\engaged.

• 2 weeks later...