Clock Conversion : Starlet n/a to Starlet SR cluster.

My Original Wiring

Untitled_zpscbccc59a.jpg

SR Wiring

Untitled2_zps66e52442.jpg

After this I worked out all the pins that need to be changed. Which left me with this set of instructions.

Take C5 and move to C6

Take B1 and move to C5

Take B2 and move to B1

Remove B5 + B6 and tape them individually. (Unused)

Take A10 and move to B5

Take A11 and move to B6

Take A8 and move to B2

Take A9 and move to A8

This is the full list of instructions, and everything worked sound. If B5+B6 are not taped up individually (touching) it will earth the temperature and spike the gauge.

Here are my original wiring pictures:

Module A

WP_000399_zpsda783ca3.jpg

Module B

WP_000397_zpsb04a99e6.jpg

Module C

WP_000398_zpscf264eed.jpg

If your original wiring is identical to the above, the instructions will work 100%. If not, im not sure, but i may be able to help so just ask.

Hopefully this helps someone :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Chris

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work mate!

Billy - disconnect the battery (so you don't get hit with the airbag)

2 screws on the side of the wheel, you should now be able to lift the airbag out. Slacken the nut in the centre once the airbag is removed. That should do it!

Good work mate!

Billy - disconnect the battery (so you don't get hit with the airbag)

2 screws on the side of the wheel, you should now be able to lift the airbag out. Slacken the nut in the centre once the airbag is removed. That should do it!

cheers man! it was that screw thing that's under the flap thing that's my problem, wasn't sure what i needed to unscrew it! i can't explain properly haha

Edited by Billy SR

awesome mate, perfect for me! how did you get the steering wheel off by the way?

I didn't bother removing it, there is a way to get the clocks in and out from behind it, but its awkward to do :cray:

Pinned :)

Cheers bud :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Good right up lad wel done. The clocks and surroumd both come out the right hand side of the steering wheel, you have to put the clocks in backwards to start with. The speedo cable can be unplugged by reaching up from below- where the brake pedal is. Its just a click in type clip

• 1 month later...

Does it work with Paseo cluster? I want to put my Paseo cluster to Starlet N/A :)

Not sure, but it shouldn't be too far off. Just to be sure trace back the wiring for each pin on the circuit boards to see what they correspond to. With a bit of time you will work out what you need to change :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi sorry for posting this im a bit confused are the wiring pictures above of module a ,b, and c already had the wiring swapped around to make the sr clocks work as im following the instructions of moving them from one to the other but some seem to not have wires where they should be on the pictures

for instance take c5 and move to c6 there is no wire in the pic above for c5 but theres a brown wire in c6 am I looking at this wrong as im counting the wires from left to right or should I be counting them from right to left

hi sorry for posting this im a bit confused are the wiring pictures above of module a ,b, and c already had the wiring swapped around to make the sr clocks work as im following the instructions of moving them from one to the other but some seem to not have wires where they should be on the pictures

for instance take c5 and move to c6 there is no wire in the pic above for c5 but theres a brown wire in c6 am I looking at this wrong as im counting the wires from left to right or should I be counting them from right to left

In hindsight it should have been explained better by myself. The wiring tables are the dials circuit boards. Therefore if you trace the wiring on the back of the dials, each pin will correspond to that function on the clocks. The two dial circuits are wired slightly differently.

The pictures are just a reference to show my wiring before i moved any of them (reference for myself too, to put it back to standard). In theory, if your module wiring looks identical the ones in the picture it will work.

And yes sorry, the modules seem to be flipped in these pictures.

i.e. C5 to C6 will be the brown and white wire, to the empty space beside it.

Hope this helps, any other questions just ask :thumbsup:

Haven't had a look at paseo clocks. Although they shouldn't be far off. If they don't work, draw up a table and trace the lines on the circuit board and find out what everything does.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

i'll go for the sr clocks then so or glanza s they should be the same

• 2 weeks later...