Clock Conversion : Starlet n/a to Starlet SR cluster.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wait until tomorrow, I'll take a photo of my pins. Be meaning to do this for Ryan since a few months ago lol.

I should also say, I have Paseo Clocks in a sportif.

Today I I tried to install paseo clocks and I failed :/ rpms doesn't work.

tried this today didnt work i may cut the original looms out of a car in the breakers as i dont know what way my clocks are wired now nothing works on them at all

and the wiring on yours is different to mine these are the clocks i have

$(KGrHqV,!lcE8MfFpM,5BPTlYbUWeg~~60_12.J

Ok take out the bulbs then make a list of your orginal pins and the glanza s pins. You can hold it up tp the light to see what the bulbs are. Just follow the lines from the pins to the bulbs. Then the other pins will be positives and negatives to the clocks and the earths for the bulbs. It soinds like a big job lad but its not. Then we can help u out handy enough. Do u still know where your original wires go.

Ok take out the bulbs then make a list of your orginal pins and the glanza s pins. You can hold it up tp the light to see what the bulbs are. Just follow the lines from the pins to the bulbs. Then the other pins will be positives and negatives to the clocks and the earths for the bulbs. It soinds like a big job lad but its not. Then we can help u out handy enough. Do u still know where your original wires go.

i tried to day to get my original clocks to work again but as i had swapped the wires around to try make the glanza s clocks to work i have completley forgotten where the wires where originally and have been swapping them from place to place to try to get the clocks back working,,

i have written down all the colours or the wires thats in each module here what i have so far,,

if i knew what the colour of each wire represented i could try to get my old clocks to work again and start again this time with a better understanding of what im at

[white plug] nearest indicator stalk

red with white tracer line

solid yellow wire

green with white tracer wire

solid brown

yellow with green tracer line

yellow with black tracer line

solid green wire

white with green tracer line

[Grey plug] middle of cluster

red with yellow tracer line

black with yellow tracer line

green with black tracer line

brown with white tracer line

solid purple wire

green with yellow tracer

and [brown plug]

yellow with black tracer line

black with white tracer line

yellow with red tracer line

solid black

yellow with green tracer line

black with yellow tracer line

blue with white tracer line

got the stndard clocks workin again i think :unknw: the oil pressure light seems to go off when you start the car along with the engine managment light dunno if this is right but will do for now and the airbag light goes off after a few seconds of the key being on

• 3 weeks later...

I had a look at the link you posted my wiring seems to be the same as the solida the colours in my my dash wiring are the same as the solida for instance

in your picture of module A

you have a yellow wire between the black and red/blue wire for a seat belt light my car hasn't got this feature

as I don't have the yellow wire in the loom except for the solid yellow in module b which in my case is oil pressure light

from what I have found out the 98 N/A starlet have different looms towards the 96 N/A spec ,,,,, same as a 96 spec glanza V towards a 98 spec glanza V they have slightly different looms the fog light switch is on the stalk in a 98 glanza where as a 96 has a button near the mirror switch

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Gls should be a direct fit.

i plugged them in and only the battery light worked i had to use the wiring guide above to swap the wiring around to get the engine light/oil light/and something else to work but have them all working now

tell me does the petrol light function work now to let me know when its low mines low but the light didnt come on or do they need to be near empty before they come on

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Amazing, cant thank you enough.

Worth a note though just how bloody annoyingly hard the removal and refit of the speedo cable is though. I found once all the screws were out i gently but assertively pulled the clocks straight towards me and the cable detached. To re-attach the cable i put all the screws and cables back into the unit and then removed the piece of plastic/dash from under the steering wheel, there's a piece of air vent/ducting that can be removed and you can gain access to the rear on the clocks enough to push the speedo cable/clip back quite easily and nicely, there are however many pieces of hand shreddingly sharp metal behind there so exercise caution. Hope this helps someone else. And breath.............

Amazing, cant thank you enough.

Worth a note though just how bloody annoyingly hard the removal and refit of the speedo cable is though. I found once all the screws were out i gently but assertively pulled the clocks straight towards me and the cable detached. To re-attach the cable i put all the screws and cables back into the unit and then removed the piece of plastic/dash from under the steering wheel, there's a piece of air vent/ducting that can be removed and you can gain access to the rear on the clocks enough to push the speedo cable/clip back quite easily and nicely, there are however many pieces of hand shreddingly sharp metal behind there so exercise caution. Hope this helps someone else. And breath.............

Next time unscrew the speedo cable from the gearbox side. Then pull it through some when pulling out the clocks. Much easier haha

mate that bought my ep91 that i did the clock conversion to still cant get fuel gauge to work everything else works except the fuel gauge anyone able to help

Your best bet is to find out what pins connected to your original fuel gauge by tracing the circuit board on your original cluster. It's exactly how i did this only for every pin rather than just fuel.

You could check voltages on the pins too. But probably difficult due to fuel being hard to change the voltage quickly.

Edited by vizzioarts
  • 1 month later...

I've just used this guide to fit SR clocks into my Sportif and it's worked a treat. It took me approx three hours including swapping the milage over. Tricky bit is the pulling out the speedo cable!

Cheers to the OP for posting!

Edited by westie
  • 4 months later...