Sefton-EP91’s 98 Spec Forged Glanza

the kit was manufactured and shipped couple of weeks back just before christmas. but the entire kit was lost in transit by the shipping company. we are in the process of putting together a new kit for steve. was such a beautiful kit. only the fmic/radiator made it as it was shipped separately. everything else these wanks managed to loose....

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Small update..

Recieved my extension harness from Keith at zisco performance on Friday, makes it that bit neater when fitting the Ecu of choice :) I'm more than likly going to go for the EMU! But only time will tell :)

563F3246-057F-4E25-81C3-336A8D4053C0_zps

Still waiting on my bits from WEPR but I know sacha is working hard to get the new kit to me asap! :) hoping to have them in the next couple of weeks and should then be ready for an ecu and injectors and then for a base map ready for the running in! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Update.. Booked my car in at tuning developments on the 4th of April for:

EMB supplied, fitted into my extension harnessand mapped

Gfb g force 2 boost controller - supplied and fitted

430cc injectors - supplied and fitted

SARD FPR fitted!

I'm hoping to have a 1000miles done over March once I receieve my parts from sacha!

Which reminds me:

F714DF10-9D1E-40E0-B872-708D879199C3_zps

F8DAA715-773C-4670-8932-A6553EA9FCC0_zps

594F54DC-817D-4504-B276-0B0016A3A19E_zps

Fingers crossed she will be ready for the show season. I will be purchasing the japfest tickets tomorrow 25th feb. And I WILL be coming this year! :)

• 2 weeks later...

My WEPR turbo kit arrived!!

Some pics...

46684AFD-5B11-4D8A-B05C-DBC7A0CEAB56_zps

53052F42-8F2D-4BDE-8C7F-D8582879517D_zps

188B9289-4901-4CC9-8D21-9402F303094F_zps

I took this down to my engine builders on Wednesday lunch time, looking for a completion date of early next week!

Then a small list of things to do..

MOT

TAX

Fit fuel pump

Fit torque damper

Fit new WEPR rad

MASSIVE CLEAN! Lol

Start running her in ready for 4th April!

Some photos of manifold mocked up to the head ...

863052CB-145E-41C5-ACA1-8D4D558A65B6_zps

31E3528D-7FDC-4727-981F-6A6213DBE138_zps

Once I get her back I'll get a full engine bay shot and upload but for now that will have to do! :)

Edited by Sefton-EP91
  • 3 weeks later...

Update..

Got the glanza back today, slightly late! Got some bits sorted from the list above first of all.

MOT - Done

TAX - Done

Start Running in - Done (done 100miles, 900 to go)

couple of pics from MOT.

8A4150FD-89FC-4D13-8FE3-D0AF569D2EF4_zps

821014B6-444D-4571-930A-5D0EFBDC43F5_zps

There are some small bits i want to sort out:

1) Air filter needs locating behind the grille as it faces down at the moment.

2) Refit intercooler so it sits straight, bracket needs modifying to pull it up on passenger side.

I have a couple of bits i need to fit to her before mapping on 4th april.

1) fit oil catch tank with an-10 braided hoses

2) fit WEPR radiator with new mounts.

thats all for now, ill upload a engine bay pic once i have given her a good clean and polish.

Edited by Sefton-EP91

Small update. I've done a total of 211miles now! I've done my first oil change, was done at 151 miles!

I've also sorted the air filter now sits just behind the grille! I'm happy with the result :)

12FF98BC-180F-4804-B985-42A1AD515354_zps

I also got an engine bay shot! I'll do abit of degreasing soon to bring her up nice and clean!

I gave her a quick clean aswell just using jet wash and some shampoo to take the top layer of dirt of! I would like to have a detailing session to really clean her up polish, wax etc!

Quick engine bay shot took today :)

C949B9C1-F933-4498-99E1-69837EA9F8C4_zps

Checked all the levels today to make sure all were correct! Everything was spot on! No oil or coolant leaks etc!

List of bits I need to do is getting shorter! Just leaves:

1) Fit torque damper

2) Fit walbro 255 fuel pump

3) Fit WEPR rad

4) Fit oil catch tank with An10 braided hoses

5) Staighten intercooler, needs to go up on passenger side.

Hoping to have these done before japfest!

One last pic to finish off this update :)

0E1AA97C-098E-4EBB-B7D8-1AAA8D0135ED_zps

Edited by Sefton-EP91

Small update

Done the prep ready for my mapping:

Filled up with v-power ready for the 320mile round trip!

Swapped over from the mineral running in oil to Millers 5-40 fully synthetic Motorsport oil

Checked over all the fluids and levels - all ok

Checked over all ignition components for wear - all ok

Just a reminder of what's happening tommorow.

1) EMB - Supplied, fitted and mapped

2) GFB G Force 2 Boost Controller - Supplied, fitted and setup

3) 430cc Injectors - Supplied and fitted

4) Sard FPR - Fitted

5) Walbro 255 Fuel pump - Swapped from old housing and fitted to mine.

6) Bleed Clutch - biting point keeps moving about!

So now the fun part. What's everyone guessing? What power do you think she will make?

I'll go in with a guess of 305bhp at the flywheel!

Should hit that mate I'm running basically all the same blitz nur spec r and hdi cooler, tuning developments billet wheel hybrid td04 , wear ram horn mani n downpipe with tial 38 mm wg/screamer , EMB , 430cc injectors, 255lph fuel pump I made 304.1 @ 1.4 bar so good luck ill be keeping an eye on this bro !

Should hit that mate I'm running basically all the same blitz nur spec r and hdi cooler, tuning developments billet wheel hybrid td04 , wear ram horn mani n downpipe with tial 38 mm wg/screamer , EMB , 430cc injectors, 255lph fuel pump I made 304.1 @ 1.4 bar so good luck ill be keeping an eye on this bro !

Update.

As above, i went to tuning developments to have some work done on the car on the 4th April.

After all the work was complete Mike and Nick which i have to say are possibly two of the kindest people I have ever met. Very genuine guys that will help out in any way possible! We got the car on the DYNO and started the mapping process, started off nice and easy and gradually added the boost. Few problems mid way through the mapping first of all, she developed a misfire at 1bar. The probe which connects the king lead and dizzy cap had broke therefore causing a misfire, secondly the spark plugs were rusty. Again causing a misfire due to the contacts!

Gradually added some more boost. Final problem was the gasket between turbo and manifold blew out completely, this got to a point where the mapping had to be cut short as it was messing up the readings on the wideband!

The end result FOR NOW! Is 253hp at 1.1bar. Couple of things turbo is quite laggy. 1bar is around 5k rpm but I'm getting use to it now!

I've spoken to sacha regarding the turbo and he says it's not within its efficiency range until around 1.2bar so only time will tell.

Photo on the DYNO

DD209838-6C95-431C-9801-1BADC1FEED69_zps

F842BDBF-8E0E-442E-B0EF-DD0591739E57_zps

When i got home that night I set at replacing the gaskets that are supplied with the turbo kit with some metal gaskets which I bought whilst I was at TD.

C0A63586-D340-4A5F-96DB-BA261C34974E_zps

Whilst removing the downpipe I managed to break the plug off the 02 sensor so I am in the process of sourcing another one. A friend of mine is breaking a glanza so I have asked him to keep hold of the 02 sensor for me! When I turn the steering wheel on idle the fan belt slips but my adjuster for the fan belt has seized solid so I have also asked him to out that aside for me aswell.

Once the video of DYNO session has completed upload onto photobucket I will upload onto here but for now that everything.

Edited by Sefton-EP91