Sefton-EP91’s 98 Spec Forged Glanza

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good there Seft!

Be aware if you go k-sports you best have wheels that are 16" or, 15" with extremely good clearances.

Thanks for the kind words Matt :)

I've got 16" wheels on already and I'm buying some 20mm h&r hubcentric spacers so I should have enough clearance! :) I'll bare it all in mind though!

Matt speaks sense my wheels are so close to the ksports even with 20mm spacers hence why when I can afford im getting work s1s in 16 inch.

I've seen a few starlets including yours nick at japfest and yes they are very close! I'll see what I can find, spacer wise! Want 15mm front and 20mm rear :) I'll see what's required when I get the k-sports! Edited by Sefton-EP91

I've been wanting a set of hubcentric spacers for my glanza for a few weeks now and I managed to get some! These were bought from KODE performance at a very good price, these are half the price of h&r and still have the amazing quality! They are 20mm with a 54.1mm centre bore..

fb3ecac7228356b50bed194adec955e8.jpgb7494eb17e253db77851564b0002a514.jpg

I'm really happy with the results now!

ed36f9a9de3fa0b8bb9add6bf9737530.jpg9fb0179f2ede5c3bf329a0ae6cd683b9.jpg

Now It's time to get the rebush done! I'll start stocking up the bushes as of next pay day :)

Edited by Sefton-EP91
  • 2 weeks later...

Made a start on under-sealing my glanza, ready for the winter months I decided on the Hammerite underbody sealant with added waxoyl.

Started with the arches today, at the weekend I'm going get it up on the ramps at work to do the underneath.

7dc8362717877b9057cb8689184cd142.jpg

At the weekend I'm going to do a coolant flush, using Toyota pink coolant/anti freeze.

Then in 600miles it's time for another oil change!

Again, in time for all the bad weather! Also need to get a couple of layers of wax over her so that will be a task for the weekend once the underseal has set.

Edited by Sefton-EP91

With

Your spacers feller

Have u got a link for

Them as I looking for the exact same as you have got for my v due to brake space issue with my wheels lol

I got them from KODE performance mate, they had some listed on eBay but not seen them for a while, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you!

Looking good. Wish id found them spacers before getting mine, could have saved a small fortune

If you really want to buff them wheels up you want to look at diamond polishing paste, we use it at work to give a mirror finish on stuff!

They are very good quality and a bargain at the price I paid lol :) Thanks for the advice morgey I'll look into it :) Edited by Sefton-EP91

yeah theyll have doubled in price in a month you watch haha!

we use a dremell with a felt wheel and finish off by hand with a bit of soft felt, but we only do small areas, im sure theres better items out there for doing something as large as a wheel. probably worth a look on youtube lol

• 2 months later...

Small Update, i've been having a small issue with my car overheating. See link... http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/98398-overheating-heaters-go-cold-and-irratic-idle/

My intercooler hose had been rubbing on the bottom of my radiator, it rubbed through and caused it to leak.

I did have my WEPR radiator up in the for sale section so I quickly took it down. I got a set a half rad mounts from tuning developments and got it all fitted.

PICTURE WILL FOLLOW!

• 4 weeks later...

So I've had another small problem with the glanza that I've now sorted!

The alternator was making a horrible noise and I was only getting around 13.1v from it then it would drop to around 12v .

I bought an alternator and fitted it so now all is well! Sounds sweet again!

I managed to get my gauges wired in yesterday, next weekend I will get them plumbed up. I also got myself a Defi water temp gauge so that will go in next week aswell!

9f5aec948240de34e3ea40dfe2e0040c.jpg

Oil pressure at the top and oil temp at the bottom.

8f829ce583fc02d2ed6add30010b8fbe.jpg

Edited by Sefton-EP91
  • 2 weeks later...

I got round to removing my fixed sparco bucket seat today, I have now fitted a pair of 96 spec Glanza seats in the place of my old seats, my car is in fact a 98 spec but I just think the 96 spec look more rounded and sporty.

The fixed seat was so uncomfortable, I know these cars are not meant for comfort but comparing the 96 spec seat to the sparco, it's night and day!

cf7de161110105a3936af8286598aa07.jpg

As you can see the old seat is pretty mangled and dirty so this is another reason it had to go!

be578d3cc655261e52031bcf402a7f84.jpg

New seats! I got these off ro55ifumi (John) so I could be assured they were in good condition!

Edited by Sefton-EP91
  • 3 weeks later...

Look good :) what rail did you have the sparco seat on?

Sorry for the late reply rob, it's just a custom rail! Tbh honest it's not in the best of condition, it jams up when trying to pull the seat forward. Part of the reason it had to go! Lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Starting to gather the bushes etc now for the rebush, I've managed to bag myself a bargain, got hold of nearly new set of TRD engine mounts, still have the original packaging from when they were bought! Can't complain at £30! This is the second set I've had but my engine builder managed to lose my last set, as you can imagine I was not happy!

0e34698ec0cf81ddd7288896db5bef2d.jpg30eeeb285adafdfc27baa2285f37c17c.jpg

The photos don't do them justice they are nearly new!

I've also ordered a set of bottom ball joints and some track rod ends. Next payday ill order the following:

Tie rods

Drop links

Top mounts

Anti roll bar bushes

Edited by Sefton-EP91
  • 3 months later...