Which generation 4efe engine is this??

Glanza S had Gen 3 4efe with 85bhp

they didnt dude, they came with the same 74bhp. either that or lee made 1 bhp extra in his S on the same mods as me (other than fpr which fucked my dyno run up :( ) and i made 12bhp extra

they didnt dude, they came with the same 74bhp. either that or lee made 1 bhp in his S on the same mods as me (bar fpr which fucked my dyno run up :( ) and i made 12bhp

also, whats the actual difference between the engines? i think the only difference between the '100ps' starlet and the normal is the ecu

They had the Tubular intake, the same engine which makes 85bhp in UK Bugeye Corollas? Our engines made just over 85bhp with Tubular intake too so makes sense they would be that stock

suppose so on the glanza S

the difference between our engines and the 99bhp engine is all ecu though, not the engines.

compression ratios are the same.

everything the 1st gen engine came with, i had in mine and same as raffa. his made 90/91 (cant remember exact figure) only difference being ecu. so with out the ecu, you arent going to get 99bhp whichever gen engine you put in there. and raffa was running standard uk spec injectors where as i was using corolla injectors (again my engine was being drowned by the FPR being set way to high at 4efte pressure

Pretty sure gen 1 4efe more than ecu, same rods n ingnition setup as gt's. Its more like a 4efte with high comp pistons minus a snail.

Ecu is deffiently a hinderence tho, mine can hit fuel cut at certain conditions.

Topic on TGTT said that MK1 rods were thicker, but later rods were made out of a different alloy to compensate for them being thinner. Guessing it's the same case with the 4EFE

Well, in the Corolla EE10 88bhp was the 4E Gen1 with 88bhp, the engine which the FTE is based on and which was able to reach 100bhp in some cars like some JDM ep80. Unique to it was the intake mani, afaik also used on FTE and a 4-2-1 exhaust. It also had the afaik lowest compression ratio.

Gen2 was 75bhp and used in the Starlet (apart from Japan only P9) and the 75bhp EE10.

Gen3 was in the Corolla EE11 and made 86bhp and was also found in the Glanza S and some later Starlets. It's uniqueness was the tubular intake manifold. Also I think it had the highest compression ratio.

The Glanza S although used a different fuel Rail and injectors I think unique to it.

Well, in the Corolla EE10 88bhp was the 4E Gen1 with 88bhp, the engine which the FTE is based on and which was able to reach 100bhp in some cars like some JDM ep80. Unique to it was the intake mani, afaik also used on FTE and a 4-2-1 exhaust. It also had the afaik lowest compression ratio.

Gen2 was 75bhp and used in the Starlet (apart from Japan only P9) and the 75bhp EE10.

Gen3 was in the Corolla EE11 and made 86bhp and was also found in the Glanza S and some later Starlets. It's uniqueness was the tubular intake manifold. Also I think it had the highest compression ratio.

The Glanza S although used a different fuel Rail and injectors I think unique to it.

I had an E10 Rolla, loved it! :)