UKSCNI Newcastle Meet - 21st September 2007

Only just got back from this meet, my very first might I add.

This meet had it all folks, romance, uncertainty,high speed car chases, a race against time... I could go on, even time for dessert.

Wail til Phil gets on haha ;)

Im off to work so will post the pics we took later.

Was fantastic meeting you all and thanks for making it, time just flies by when you're having fun :p

Hope we can organise many more meets, its a great gang we have.

Peace

Joz

This meet had it all folks, romance, uncertainty,high speed car chases, a race against time... I could go on, even time for dessert.

Peace

Joz

More details on all of the above :pB)

Joz I had a mad dreamlast night I was in your car at a UKSC meet at the Nurburgring and there was drift pods everywhere :oB):p:o:p

Serious now....my dreams are getting stranger but better ;) B)

Holy shriveled up monkey penis! short of JAE that was without question the best meet ever!!!

ok our turnout was modest but man did we ever make up for it with enthusiasm!!!

The rain held off for us tho the roads were wet so by the time the Larne convoy arrived we were all abit mingin - tho foggy's YRV seemed less mingin lol! thats wot i get or sittin too close to mark's Panda lol!

Joz and luke and his mate promptly arrived and the EP chat was in FULL FLOW!!! NO STOPPIN US!!!! there was FULL scrutinising eachothers cars top to bottom inside and out, the Jozmeister tried out my seats and experienced the sexualness of the TRD cf parts and the start button!!! as per fucking usual Luke's car was annoyingly clean - i think he just likes to wind me up by havin his cleaner than mine EVERTIME WE MEET!!!!! :p :P and Joz let us see under the bonnet and inspect his latest parts that arrived - however i am afraid to tell u that we have all been sworn to the utmost of secrecy by the Ninja code and can reveal NO details about wot we may or may not have seen or touched or heard ;) - or in Luke's case tried to steal for his own car! lol B) and get this mainland people...not only did we get to MEET Joz and see his IMMENSE car in the metal, but he actually told me to take it for a few laps of the carpark!! all im allowed to say is that I FUCKING LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its defo torquier, its the definition of PLANTED, the thing feels like a damn gokart i jest u not!!! damn i freakin loved it and that was just 2nd gear i used!!!!! ITS AWESOME!!!

Laura and Grant arrived in Grants new squarelight GT, it is very damn smart!!! and he was tellin me about his RWD project :o

we then partook in some pubgrub (yes, with Guiness!!) and then it was arcade time baby!!! man those dodgems, i havnt laughed that hard in MONTHS!!! it was so much fun!!! and the drift pods - I WANT ONE FOR MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are UBER!!! they are SO much harder than they look! took me totally by surprise! Joz and Fogdog had a drift battle and holy crap was it close!! Fog was WAY behind but managed to catch and pass Joz but Joz got him back just at the end, as Joz's rear axle crossed the line fog's front axle crossed!! it was awesome! unfortunatley time constraints and the fear of the Belfast rush hour traffic meant us Larne one's had to shoot around 3.30 or so which meant no drift tourny this time but have no fear, UKSCNI will be returning to Newcastle! we did however find time before departure for some ice cream - picture, if u will, a gathering of EP enthusiasts sitting in the sunshine by the seashore munchin on some of the cold stuff!!! i really wish we could have stayed longer but we now know wot kind of travel times are involved for such a meet so its all gravy baby!

i will try to get pics up later or tomorrow as im off work sick at the mo so i have a weekend of relaxation ahead of me before uni starts!

my thanks go out to each and every person for attending it was a fantastic meet! we even got the UKSC banner out! man did we get some funny looks :p special mention is needed for Joz however for organising the whole thing and putting together an outstanding meet and esp for the prep work he did for it by scoutin out the arcade and the car park! Thank u man! also, thanks to fogdog for makin the special effort of requesting a day off from his NEW job so that he could attend, its very very much appreciated mate and u helped make it an amazin day dood! thank u!

oh, and special mention to my gf carol for makin me bacon sandwiches for the day!!! she's such a wee star! :o

Phil.

Man that reply brings a bright stardust tear to my eye :p ... lmao :o

Phil I bet you havent laughed that hard in ages B)

Im still at work but had to take a deek at the nangle literature above.

Special mention goes to everybody who attended as you made the meet B)

It also shows that you can still have a good time with such short hours to spare.

For me and Phil anyway that meet will remain in our lifetime memory ;)

As for props to fogdog, he is now my current jdm drift rival, you should have seen how intense he was!!! and his last words were "Next Time I'l Beat You!!!" :p :P

As for the Starletto Phil, Im glad you finally understand the B) theory behind it :o Im happy you got to test it briefly.

Pics coming soon... as well as more afterthoughts and ukscni memoirs.

Joz

Here are my efforts. This is how we do UKSC Meets N.I Style!!!

DSCF1106.jpg

DSCF1103.jpg

DSCF1110.jpg

DSCF1130.jpg

DSCF1127.jpg

DSCF1116.jpg

DSCF1117.jpg

DSCF1135.jpg

DSCF1132.jpg

DSCF1131.jpg

DSCF1141.jpg

DSCF1146.jpg

DSCF1144.jpg

DSCF1148.jpg

DSCF1149.jpg

A UKSCNI Tribute to our friend Sparky aka Lewis, how feckin cool is that shop sign, reminded us of you bro lmao :p Bit like a GTA San Andreas Safehouse!!

DSCF1147.jpg

Joz

p.s There is no footage of whats underneath my bonnet as you will surely know its ;)

ok time for a selection of my efforts too, mostly the same as Joz's but thought i'd throw them up anyways.

Arrival of the Larne convoy - the eagle eyed will notice mark's factory wheels back on for winter and the addition of Abarth Scorpion badges to them ;)

DSC_0041-2.jpg

The arrival of the The Ninja

DSC_0042-1.jpg

DSC_0045-3.jpg

Luke joined in the fray!

DSC_0046-1.jpg

mountain backdrop! UKSCNI in style!

DSC_0049-2.jpg

EPs! - LOOK GEO!!! UKSC BANNER bein proudly displayed!

DSC_0051-4.jpg

DSC_0053-2.jpg

DSC_0060-1.jpg

DSC_0066-1.jpg

more mountains!

DSC_0069-1.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

the addition of a turbo to the group!

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0079-1.jpg

DSC_0082-3.jpg

DSC_0084-2.jpg

my apologies to Noel who arrived in Newcastle as we were all heading back up the road home! sorry dude!

Phil.

Great efforts from the nanglebadger there. That banner looked great!

It was also a really great day for us n/a fans with a long awaited get together of the three ukscni modded ep91 n/a's and really good technical banter, as if we were on the forum! We didnt get much of a chance to talk in depth with Grant about the turbo but there will always be the next time!

Still there was much conversation throughout the group, not just about starlets but the whole tuning scene and life in general, both technical and non technical, and for such a short time, the banter was so Immense and Intimate!!! I also haven't laughed as hard in a while, I think you will have noticed the meet's festivities were aimed at having a damn good time lol. That drift battle drifts into my mind again...

Many thanks again for the presence of the menacing panda and the equally shaped YRV, their respected owners and of course the ukscni Divas ;)

It was a fantastic meet and hopefully the first of many for me. Roll on UKSCNI, we are still a young and growing club and here's to the future of UKSC.

Shame you couldn't make it Jay but its very understandable, and why didn't anyone think of the venue etc before, well the answer is :p Get well soon big man!

Joz

YES wota meet yu guys trulyyyyyy awesome! great 2 c a few guys again and meet sum new 1s ,

the banter was great and off course the lunch was good lol i think i will put a drift pod on my santa list this year lol

get sum practice so i can beat joz oj

gota hav another meet up real soon ;)

LMAO @ The shop they must of known ;)

Not a very big turnout but deffo some of my favourite Ep's :p

Phil and Joz get crystal lights you know u wanna :o :o

Video footage of the drifting???

Whats this all about the romances then huh huh?? :p

Will try to make a better reply later off to get slugged now :p

LMAO @ The shop they must of known ;)

Not a very big turnout but deffo some of my favourite Ep's :p

Glad you like the pics mate and the shop sign lol! Quality!!

Phil and Joz get crystal lights you know u wanna :p:o

Check my lights closely Lew :p

Video footage of the drifting???

Will send you one of phil over msn!

Whats this all about the romances then huh huh?? :o

Haha, wouldnt you like to know lmao...

Loving the banner :o Phil, you write FAR too much in 1 post ;) Looks more of a mini meet :p But still good turn out rep'ing UKSC. I want to get a Scottish meet running once the EP's out on the prowl :p

Mini meet or not it was still a great meet G! :p

Plus it was UKSC's most notorious... so there! :o

Joz

YES wota meet yu guys trulyyyyyy awesome! great 2 c a few guys again and meet sum new 1s ,

the banter was great and off course the lunch was good lol i think i will put a drift pod on my santa list this year lol

get sum practice so i can beat joz oj

gota hav another meet up real soon ;)

Was really great meeting you and Chris mate!! Bet he still remembers the car crash we had at the end of the dodgems session!!!

Had a class time lol, cheers for booking the day off, it meant a lot Luko!

Did you see me drive off when I left the car park??? Think I used too much gas lmao!!!

Til the next meet!!! And you know with :p you'll have a great time lol!!!

Joz

ah UKSCNI out in force!!! just a pity i had to work!! hope you all didnt get too wet!! Joz you are a spoil sport!! get a few under the bonnet pictures up!!

Not a chance Gerard!!! ;) I will not reveal my ninja scroll to anyone!!

hopefully i ll not be working for the next one!!

You better make the next one big man haha!!!

• 2 weeks later...

great pics finally got a new pc far quicker than my last one i really enjoyed the meet even though i was dying with the flu its a pity me and grant had to leave early def cant wait till the next one and i will hopefully have my glanza skirts on once grant gets them fitted for me its good having a mechanic in the family lol

talk soon guys

love laura