daihatsu Detomaso Charade 1.6 16v

can help thinking this bears a resemblance to a GT Turbo. kinda looks like a glanza from the side to lol

it is a daihatsu which is basically a toyotaI love the gtti charade but i never seen one of these before just cant get over the simularaitys

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/detomaso-charade-16-16v-jdm-very-rare-tax-and-mot/1021475361#photo-content

Edited by russ78

There's a guy on the Isle of Wight with 2 black ones.....every 6 months or so I give him a tap on his door and ask if he's selling yet.....but he never is lol

The GTti charade is still the best car I've owned, regret getting rid so much :(

There's a guy on the Isle of Wight with 2 black ones.....every 6 months or so I give him a tap on his door and ask if he's selling yet.....but he never is lol

The GTti charade is still the best car I've owned, regret getting rid so much :(

What are they like for parts and spares I felt put off by the lack of a market for them? Is that the case?

What are they like for parts and spares I felt put off by the lack of a market for them? Is that the case?

Now that I couldn't tell you....I've only ever seen his 2 and the odd one or two pop up on eBay so I imagine parts etc are a bit of a nightmare, think the seller of this one mentions parts crossing over from the other charade models? I guess this would be third gen charade, first one was real box like, then came the GTti and I spose this?

It's probably the first thing that you should consider when buying something rare....but I lose sight of that and just think "I want it, I want it!" Lol

There's a charade owners club, was chatting to a couple of members at Japfest....maybe worth chucking a few questions in their direction?

How much is this one up for? (Don't worry just out of interest, I bought another ep last weekend) :)

Pah, not many of them around? The Civic my misses is running as a daily atm, theres 3 of them left in the UK and she's still using it :p

parts are available for any car if you look hard enough.

Someone buy that it's cool as fuck.

Went and got this tonight 7 hour round trip but so worth it.. It's a great little car it's so clean aswell came with alot if history loads of pictures of work that's been done to it been fully rust treated and full respray a few year ago and it's a super job it's not the quickist about the same as a standard ep but handles so well I couldn't

Beleave it came with factory LSD and it really shows in the corners anyway will get some good pictures and a bit more info up in the next few days

Yes mate thanks for putting it up i will get a few pictures in the next few days still trying to find more info on them ther isn't much on the Internet it needs nothing.. I'm gona get a decat made this weekend and try and make some sort of cold air intake for it and that's it..use it as a daily

Awesome buddy its no problem like i said if was in the market for another car i would have bought it,

but you should start a other car build thread :)

Edited by russ78