• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the master cylinder and servo a straight swap or did a few bits need modding

straight swap I belive mate, he didn't say there was any hassle with it really when we chatted about it last night.

It did require the lip round the servo to be rolled. I drilled the bolt holes out a bit to give it some more room. And a hammer on the chassis leg and a ridge on the bulk head. Master bolts on fine to original pipes. Real easy upgrade

Done a few bits to the car over the weekend. Loaded the car up with some tools after work Saturday afternoon.

1AC332DB-D9E7-4B2B-A8F3-5F2433513E04_zps

Then got home and took the engine out.

F7991FDE-1D64-49F9-BA22-38C8B089803B_zps

Shorty and deebo gave me a hand slipping the new engine in

4C3B7A43-63C3-4124-9E5E-468EEF57BC03_zps

Then Sunday morning I went for a ride on the bike

5330E100-D10B-4741-807B-075D34BBC423_zps

Then I done some wringing, making intercooler. Start on exhaust.

DFF0563D-4B47-4B26-AB72-F5E79A932487_zps

367F61A0-A18E-4127-BDC5-FE8A920A3561_zps

LSD box :)

A47B0DF8-AD1E-4BB6-9B17-5AB3D4BDA252_zps

Took a bit of time sorting out intercooler piping so it all fitted in nice

75360CAE-8D84-4488-ADD1-8BB93E247A62_zps

D5644716-47E6-4086-97AD-56DAB23C4424_zps

7530A151-22E4-484C-98ED-A8E5A2F2C53E_zps

More to come

Yeah that pipes pretty close! Can't move the radiator over a touch and slide it up next to the headlight instead? (Probably a bite late).

Looking sweet thou! Obligatory skids video required!

The hot hope is a bit close for my liking as well. But there is not a lot of room so meh, it will do. Going to make a copper heat shield for it and lag the pipe a bit.

57CCD0F3-3104-4CEA-9F64-D067F4FB049B_zps

93D66A1C-6237-42C3-884E-8EA43BFD8AB2_zps

Got a cusco front brace for it as well. Just need to take the drill to it before fitting haha

ED1BD2EE-8534-4B00-AC73-BFA4811E728D_zps

Plan is to have it back on the road over the weekend. Will be a 7 day engine conversion then

Hey Grant what are your plans to get air into the front mount, you have got the same problem which is on mine in that the only place to fit it is behind the bumper but obviously its no good for getting air into it, are you gonna cut your bumper?

Edited by Taggy

Hey Grant what are your plans to get air into the front mount, you have got the same problem which is on mine in that the only place to fit it is behind the bumper but obviously its no good for getting air into it, are you gonna cut your bumper?

I'm going to look at fitting a tactical duck from the lower grill. So it directs the air to the cooler. That's what I've been thinking. But I might change to a air > water cooler at some point.

On another not. Got it fired up last night. Need to finish the exhaust off tonight set the timing and take it out for a spin :)

Nice little Rocket u got there. :thumbsup: But why not make a inline fuel pump ?

I was thinking about sumping the fuel tank and just running the one in-line pump. But decided I wanted to keep a good ground clearence. And it saved me from welding my mint tank lol Edited by turbo Grant

But but but but..... onder the rear seat, There are 6 screws bolt them out., where you can make a inline pump and go for 8mm or even 10mm fuel line. The system u have is 6mm fuel pipe.. goes all the way into the tank

My fuel tank is still in the same position. Never had to take it off or weld to it.

Look at my posts.. I run an supra jap spec twin turbo fuel pump. On a 10mm Fuel line. From tank to engine.

I've pushed a square type bottle cutted into half. And pushed into the tank. So no problems during cornering. As the filter from the fuel pump is in the half bottle.

Your car must have 100s of hour work time, it's an absolute credit to you. I see what you done with the fuel pumps. I did have this as a thought as well. I poped the cover off and looked inside. I wanted to keep my fuel gauge sender and decided I couldn't fit an baffled intank pump and keep the sender. So opted for the good old swirl pot set up

But also adding to this I had to get this done fast. The car was off the road for 8 days. I did also think of making an L shaped intank baffle setup. The but would mean cutting the hole out bigger in the tank to keep the gauge

Edited by turbo Grant