New Wiki Article - Air Conditioning Removal!

Perfect time of year to remove this! haha!

In all seriousness, the system is heavy, puts load on your engine and noticeable gains can be achieved by removal of it!

Big Thanks to Glanza_Ragger for the Article and Photos!

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/page/articles.html/_/engineandtuning/air-conditioning-removal-r48

Enjoy Owners!

Can you stress a bit more not to touch that refrigerant at all in liquid form?

I do refrigeration and I've seen some nasty " freeze burns " it's like frost bite and could have to be amputated depending on how bad it is my old college teacher was missing 3 tips of his fingers because of this stuff so just be careful. I would advise everyone not to take the risk and just bring it to a local fridge place 5-10 quid if even to do it 2 min job, if you want to do it yourself then gloves, goggles and cover up really well, a couple of spits from that on your face and you will be left with marks its like acid

Just trying to keep some foolish people a bit safer and to no under estimate this stuff just be careful anyway guys

Good write up :)

Edited by pig666eon
  • 2 weeks later...

As said above, R134a boils at -26.5 degrees. If in doubt get a professional to evacuate your system. Also if you are doing the "rag method" be careful as you will have only drained the high pressure vapour side. Gas will still be in the low pressure or suction side of the system.

Also R134a is heavier than air, so if your working in a garage with a pit dont go down there. You can potentially drown in refrigerant.