right so im gradually making my car better handling wise, as i'll be tracking it soon once my engines rebuilt, so far I've got stiffer springs on kyb shocks, anti lift kit, whitline panhard rod and powerflex engine mounts. Ive heard the rear anti roll bar makes a good difference and that was next on my list, what about all the rear struts? even whiteline front anti roll bar?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tein coilovers or similar(world of difference)

rear anti roll bar(noticable difference)

rear camber(world of difference)

full polybushing kit all round

get the battery in the boot and makesure spare wheel is in there at least plus 15-20 kgs if turbo

rear tri-point brace is a must(big difference if very stiff coilys)

front brace

if i think of any more will add---------

Edited by mikey4410

cheers guys :) im not looking at coilovers just yet as i enjoy my comfy ride haha but they handle really well for kybs, i was also looking at that cusco lower arm bar that connects the wishbones, but yeah RARB will be my next purchase :)

if you can get the whitline 4 point brace as opposed to the cusco one - not much difference in cost, and its a sturdier brace.

Also rear arb as the starlet doesnt come with one as standard, makes a very noticeable difference

tein coilovers or similar(world of difference)

rear anti roll bar(noticable difference)

rear camber(world of difference)

full polybushing kit all round

get the battery in the boot and makesure spare wheel is in there at least plus 15-20 kgs if turbo

rear tri-point brace is a must(big difference if very stiff coilys)

front brace

if i think of any more will add---------

Duuude you can't keep dropping the rear camber line and not tell us how it's done lol :(

Whiteline rear ARB would definitely be next on my list, along with a rear strut brace before the front ARB. Coilovers would make a massive improvement too if your budget allows.

Whiteline RARB makes a huge difference, would highly recommend.

a good seat and a harness completely changes how in control you feel. this will give the biggest impact on how your car can be pushed into the bends

being totally honest i think rear anti roll bars on starlets are Wank!! its more of a placebo effect as they are solid axle, i have one on mine and it makes bot all difference!! its getting taken off this week :)

Edited by Broony

being totally honest i think rear anti roll bars on starlets are Wank!! its more of a placebo effect as they are solid axle, i have one on mine and it makes bot all difference!! its getting taken off this week :)

Not at all for me. Had Meisters, 24mm FARB, OEM front brace, 3 point rear brace fitted to the GT. And coming from the NA I could immediately feel the need for RARB. Fitted it a week later and now it handles awesomely!

Front brace, LSD and RARB is most have! Done this so far, and every thing does a huge difference. Poly gives more control over the car, great upgrade too.

But Front brace, LSD and RARB are most haves!