wickedEP Racing starlet...483whp/542NM torque... video uploaded

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got the gearbox apart and the dog-mission dry fitted (pretty much)...

dbox1_zps0598e050.jpg

dbox2_zpsf97f7646.jpg

dbox3_zps46a839f6.jpg

dbox8_zps5eef5afc.jpg

dbox6_zpsb277fde0.jpg

its 5.30am now...managed to get a 4hrs of sleep...gotta head back with the new CV's and shaft bearing to complete the re-assembly...i foresee another long day ahead of me.... sooo tired lol

new dog box ready to go back in...

dogbox_zpsadca2099.jpg

also managed to pick up some roll bar mounts for my go-pro.. :D

gopro_zps696f89e8.jpg

managed to get everything fitted and test drive..man that gear box is so raw and awesome...did a slow drive to test it out...the road just suddenly went to shite with potholes...so i headed back. will try to upload it later...

Holy shit, I love it!!! What it like to drive with the box dude? Will be looking at getting one in the near future :)

feels good man...will take some getting used to if you have never tried out a dog box before. you'll love it..

a far as durability goes, i feel its a good box and race proven. would recommend it to anyone..but..its meant for race..not for daily driving! no special maintenance required. for warranty info your best off speaking to keith mate.

ok guys...have a bit of an update..good news and bad...

bad news first...

its been a hectic 4 days for us...everything was in check and we headed to the dyno...got most of the mapping done and towards the end whilst trying to do some power runs we hit the limited twice because from 6500rpm onwards the car revs to shift point in a split second and there's not much time to get off throttle...on top of that the car would wheelspin badly on the dyno (4th gear)...unfortunately hitting the limiter caused some damage to the cylinder number one rod bearing...had to cut the dyno session short and flat-bed the car back to the workshop. got to the workshop...dropped the sump and luckily the crank was ok..but the pauter rod cap had slightly warped for the heat...*cock knuckles* !!! ...our race is on Sunday...i just dont have the time to find another set of pauters...so we fitted did temporary fix..fitted everything back and headed out to dyno again last night to finish tune...

got to the dyno...straped the car in...we decided to bring the shift point down to 7500rpm now and keep the boost at 2 bar...everything was going good..car was reving fine..no issues....the car put down 320 wheel but still with massive wheel spin on 4th...decided to up the boost as we'd need a bit more our race...went up to 2.3bar...first run...BANG...same problem with with rod bearing in cylinder number 1.....*double cock knucles* !!! ...lesson learn...damaged rod+lower boost+7500rpm shift point = the way to go...

Good news...

got back to the workshop...dropped the sump again..replaced the damaged bearing. luckily we had finished 98% of the mapping..only the ignition needed a little bit of adjustments...we could go up another total of another 7 degrees... decided this time not to stress the car out on the dyno...after we got the car started again...went on a road tune..boos dropped to 1.85bar..

first pull...fuck..car feels fast...got through 1..2..3..4th gears like butter...told my friend to go up ignition timing by 3 degrees..

second pull.....FUCKKKKK...car is fucking fast...wheels spin on all gears....left the ignition timing alone for now..have 4 more degrees to go up by if i feel we need it..but...will wait till i have the slicks on and then adjust.

unfortunately i am unable to run launch control due to the bearing issue...so gonna have to rely on my heavy foot for now hahah...lets hope i can last the race...but for now apart from the ghetto temp fix on the bearing...i am very happy with the way the car is going..

will get some vids and pics up soon guys...

hey guys..so today was spent attending to some weight reduction and aerodynamic imrovements..

first off the rear spare wheel was cut out and any metal from the surrounding that was non essential took a hike too...more pics on this tomorrow as my phones dead.

also covered up the front air dams on the toms bumper and fabricated a new alloy (sprayed black) rear spoiler....sorry about the bad pics..it was very late when we managed to finish off all this work and didnt really have good lighting for decent pics..

newbumper2_zps5a23ae00.jpg

newbumper_zpsf99fb501.jpg

spoiler2_zps69cd0a6c.jpg

more pics on the wheel well tomorrow. rear bumper will also be cut to help with aerodynamics..

ok..so finally got the car weighed and suspension tuned for new Hoosier DOT radials i will be using...can anyone guess how skinny she is??

weight taken with no driver or fuel...

trs2_zps17183257.jpg

trs_zps211b1ddd.jpg

trs3_zps7dd626b6.jpg

there is not much more i can take off the car without really getting in cutting and modding the chasis...even then the weight will more or less still stay the same even with tube frame (maybe a bit more actually).

did a bit of racing this weekend. now before anyone asks what it did..i must mention that official drag racing is very recent in our country. only in the last two years it has come under a governing body and become official. unfortunately we do not have proper timing equipment yet. currently they use timing equipment used in circuit/track racing. so i dont consider it to be accurate hence why i wont talk about times etc. they say they hope to have something sorted as soon as they can..but hey..everyone had island mentality here haha :)

hope you like the way the car looks now..

katu33_zps7dbf9db3.jpg

katu32_zpsd1316766.jpg

katu31_zpsfce06624.jpg

katu12_zpse1de2fe1.jpg

katu13_zps9e59458e.jpg

katu36_zpsa1cbf8aa.jpg

katu40_zpsf8053955.jpg

katu39_zpsf07127ec.jpg

katu35_zps205ad2c1.jpg

katu8_zps94edc216.jpg

we won the 2wd Open class at this event. my run was with a 570whp twin turbo 350z and final run was against a 550+whp 180sx .

below is a in-car video of my run against the 180x to take victory. this is our 3rs 2wd open victory.

http://youtu.be/pQNmg5IEjcg

thats is for now i guess ...back to work now :)

Edited by wickedep