• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, yeah its a Soliel L base spec with the windy windows etc.

It looks very like yours DevonGT :)

Aye Ryan i got it from Russell and Gary@GBR owned it before him.

I cant wait to get it going Shorty, TB pipes are off atm and battery is flat but i'll have a bash tomorrow.

Cheers Lew, told ya :)

Unfortunately not Azz, its a JDM auto Carat, i dont know what to do with it now.

What do you mean Paul haha, this can only get better :)

So, plans for this are to get it up and running tomorrow :) Then collect all the parts for a conversion, there aren't many because the similarities between this and a GT are really close.

But im sure yous will all be glad to know that this is staying zzzzz sleeper !! Well for now anyway.

Thanks guys, yeah its a Soliel L base spec with the windy windows etc.

It looks very like yours DevonGT :)

Aye Ryan i got it from Russell and Gary@GBR owned it before him.

I cant wait to get it going Shorty, TB pipes are off atm and battery is flat but i'll have a bash tomorrow.

Cheers Lew, told ya :)

Unfortunately not Azz, its a JDM auto Carat, i dont know what to do with it now.

What do you mean Paul haha, this can only get better :)

So, plans for this are to get it up and running tomorrow :) Then collect all the parts for a conversion, there aren't many because the similarities between this and a GT are really close.

But im sure yous will all be glad to know that this is staying zzzzz sleeper !! Well for now anyway.

No worries man, thought it was worth a try as Im trying to find a 3 door 95

When i first seen the Carat for sale i thought it was a 95, i even got the guy to read me the VIN down the phone lol.

If you look hard enough you will find one, i've been trying to get hold of one ever since i heard of them haha.

Will be sweet man,all you realy need is the gt looms n ecu. Thats about it realy. Mine was planned to be a sleeper but got carried away lol if you ever swap the windy windows to elec let me know i realy want windys lol. Browner should have some for me but ill have yours too if they ever get swaped. Id just break the carat and get as much vack on it as you can. Would be a shame though as is a rare lil car

Well i still have my some parts from the GT that i'll need like, ignitor, clocks, ECU. The rest should be getting sorted soon :) I'll be keeping the windys though, weight saving man haha.

The Carat will be a good base for a N/a build i reckon, with it already having the coilpack and Glanza S intake. But the 85 takes priority atm obviously :)

What have you done suspension wise Shorty, still running the Zoom setup ?

When i first seen the Carat for sale i thought it was a 95, i even got the guy to read me the VIN down the phone lol.

If you look hard enough you will find one, i've been trying to get hold of one ever since i heard of them haha.

I know 100% I can get one off JDM auctions they have them on there all the time and just get it imported but its all the not being able to view beofre I buy kind of thing and the price just rockets up

Yea dude still running zoom springs on the goat as they are stupid stiff tbh so will do for track for now, and the 5door will just rock the oem gear. I keep toying with miesters for the goat but they are 150 more than ep82/91 suspension for a kit consisting of less material as the rear shocks are much smaller?!?! Go figure eh.

Edited by shorty

So do i Patches lol.

I know Shorty the miesters are mental priced for the 4paw imo. I'll figure something out.

Anyway i had a little afternoon session with this earlier. I reconnected the coolant/vac hoses on the TB/inlet because they were all unplugged. And also it wasnt starting, just kept cranking over, so i did the usual checks and found the plugs were caked in oil and shit, swapped them out and fired it up first time !!

Took it for a little spin and my god that 1st gear is short !! Its like a reverse ratio haha.

Bought a few parts which should be arriving soon, pair of OZ alloys, pair of Rainsports, Exedy 3 paddle clutch and FTE flywheel.

Pics of car in a min :)

Also can point you in the direction of zoom springs if ya need bud cost bout 300 delivered though :( id never of bought em but they where on it when bigman sold me the car. Ill have to bight the bullet for miesters soonish.

Yeah i know Ted & WeeJohn on TGTT have swapped the 1st, i've now read every single post in the 4paw section so im now mostly up to speed lol.

I had a look on the JDM auctions and they still sell Zoom springs but i dont have any uprated shocks to put them on so its kinda pointless.

Think Miester would do us a discount if we both bought them ?

Took it for a little spin and my god that 1st gear is short !! Its like a reverse ratio haha.

You get used to it, but I've got a GT first in case i get bored with it.

Got TRD shocks and springs on the front and Standard shocks with Apex lowered springs on the rear.

I think i'll just be doing 2nd gear launches haha, how does it sit and feel through the corners with them ? I was possibly going to get coilovers at the front and then find some low drop springs for the rear.

Just dont want to be face down ass up lol.