• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got an rsr one and when its wound right down its 90mm to long so needs the nut at one end taking off and then rewlding after cutting 90mm out of the bar. The whitline one do list as fitting ep85 on the site but from what i know of them they wont fit without the same treatment however i dont think they need quite as much cutting out. I think ted or john made their own adjustable panhard from the oem one. Is pics in a build thread some where im sure.

Also forgot to add the 90mm is so it fits and is still adjustable given how low my car sits atm so do double check how much you need to hack out of one to fit yours. The 90mm isnt for all 4paws. But no ep82/91 bar will fit off the shelf. It will need work.

Cheers for the info Shorty, i'll have a snoop round TGTT for their threads :) I still need to take the springs off the GT shocks and fire them on the 85 shocks, will see how much it drops the rear.

My panhard rod has a very slight upwards bend in it, banana'd, i know they flex somewhat but surely it cant be right ?

Also im quite happy with how stiff the back end is constructed with those torsion bars and the RARB.

• 1 month later...

I've not had a lot of time to work on this as usual but i've done a few things and bought a couple of parts :)

Got the gearbox off.

20130914_184455_zps28f3d109.jpg

Took the 85 dash out and got a replacement GT dash with loom, fired that in.

20130913_175740_zps86f77537.jpg

Got a set of MK3 rear lights fitted, also filled the rear with shite as per haha.

20130914_164348_zps2fa35b87.jpg

Got a oil return fitting welded in my 85 sump, pretty tidy job tbh.

20130924_084804_zps25ef71bf.jpg

And lastly i got a turbo, its called a VF12, its ment to be similar to a TD04 but with a slightly larger exhaust housing i believe ?? Anyway i'll throw it on and see how it is, if its shite i'll get something else :) It was cheap enough for a punt.

IMG_3615_zpsbe8cfa4c.jpg

IMG_3614_zpsa2e19f2d.jpg

I also bought up an EWG but its in the post so no pics yet.

Thats it for now, thanks for having a look, cant bloody wait to feel boost again, especially in this thing !!

Well putting this box back in is proving to be a fucking mission :/ Ive done literally hundreds of boxes being a mechanic but this one doesnt want to go back home haha. So tomorrow im hopefully getting a shot of an engine crane, gonna whip out the engine, bolt the box to it when its out and then fire it back in :)Well thats the plan anyway.

Right so plans... Well i've been thinking about this and i've decided to turbo this engine, and for a few good reasons. The only internal differences between the Gen1 FE and a GT FTE are the valve springs, the pistons and the headgasket, everything else is the same. ( or so im told lol )

Not sure on the actual differences but they arent the same as they have different part numbers... yours should be - 13201-19075 (also used in the 2e in corollas), GT is 13201-19105

What's up with fitting the box is it the splines on ird box being cuntish to line up or aren't they split?

The spline on the input shaft is the same pattern as the clutch so thats not the issue, i had the box connected because when i turned the crank with the box in gear it was all moving, i just couldnt get the fucker in a few more cm to stick a bolt in haha.

Not sure on the actual differences but they arent the same as they have different part numbers... yours should be - 13201-19075 (also used in the 2e in corollas), GT is 13201-19105

Yeah i know its a different engine to a GT but i've been told by Enzo that these Gen1 FE engines can handle boost very well. Hes had a few apart and it uses GT rods etc. I found it uses the 212mm clutch. Its already got the same inlet as a GT.

I actually have a set of FTE pistons here, if i put them in, it would pretty much be an FTE. Im not convinced on the valve springs, these had a high rev limit standard.

Hes had a few apart and it uses GT rods etc. I found it uses the 212mm clutch. Its already got the same inlet as a GT.

Well technically it doesnt use GT rods, but if they hang together who cares! Looking forward to see hoe it goes! :)

Ignore the pikey screwdriver/seatbelt arrangement lol, it worked and needs must because it was getting dark haha.

I've also got a FTE oil filter housing and dizzy setup on the way so there really isnt that much left to buy :)

My pics fucked up ^^^ lol. Edited accordingly.

Yeah cheers Shorty, i'm hoping to have it up and running in the next month or two :D Don't know when i'll have in on the road though :/

You better be finishing yours !!

I got round to doing a few small things today, fitted FTE PAS pump & hose, FTE coil & ignitor, FTE MAP sensor, knock sensor, FTE dizzy setup and an oil filter housing. I also rotated the turbo but no pics of that because its away getting the wastegate penny welded up.

I also stripped out the rear and gave it a quick wipe down. OMP wheel fitted too and also my GT clocks with the indiglow faces.

Cheers Tom, yeah i'm really hoping to have it running next month, only a few things left to buy now :) EWG turned up today so thats one more things ticked off. If i get my turbo back tomorrow then i'll get my kit bolted on to see how it looks :)

Shame you cant finish yours though :(