Cheers Ryan i just like to get stuck in lol, when i get a spare moment anyway :)

And yes Cat defo need a big Scottish meet sorting out !! Will most likely be in the new year as i know a lot of people are just finishing off builds atm.

Forgot to mention i have a GT rear bumper and a MK1 boot that will be going on this at some point, the front however is staying sleeper, well maybe a splitter could find its way on :D

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye man but ill be back at some point I've told the new owner ill be buying it back when/if they sell it. I just really need to think long term atm. Im not leaving the forum though :D never haha. Cant wait to see yours running!!

this is awesome mate wheels look spot on, fast progress you don't hang around do you haha

Cheers Chris, i'm just trying to blast through it lol. I only have 2 of those wheels but i'll try and find another pair when i have some free cash.

I bought an intercooler today so i'll get that fitted when it comes :) I also got my turbo back from the dude who was welding up the wastegate penny.

20131016_161536_zps6a43cd51.jpg

I fired the kit on the car earlier but it was dark so no pics of that sadly.

Heres a couple pics of the kit fitted, i've had to order in turbo studs so it isn't properly secured down yet, also the compressor side is still loose but you get the idea.

20131017_163329_zpsa345b750.jpg

20131017_163357_zpsb96cd517.jpg

20131017_163549_zps4c0f9a19.jpg

Zisco top mount kit, mild mani, mild screamer, stainless downpipe with a VF12 turbo.

Cheers Martin :) Its just a random EWG. My plan here is to get it up and running pretty quickly and enjoy it for a while, then collect better parts to step it up a bit. If i went all out right now i'd prob lose interest or eventually finish it in 2016 or something lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good mate. Id suggest you to cover up the spark plug bores to avoid getting any shit in there (water and dust). But thats my opinion mate its your car :p what you doing to this exterior wise? Sleeper?

Dont you worry yourself Aamir theres blue gloves in there :) Yes its mostly staying sleeper, i have a GT rear bumper & MK1 boot to get painted and fitted, theres also MK3 rear lights on it so it'll look like a GT from behind but overall sleeper :)

My next job when i get a chance is to make a good engine loom out of about 3 messed up looms. Ive also stripped down the 85 and MK3 seats i have so i can have GT seats on 85 bases to avoid bodging up rails :)

Screamers are fun dan lol av had a wee shot a mine way it on the other wk there. :)

Ahh nice one Dave, how'd it sound ?

Enjoy watching everyone in the street shit themselfs haha

Yaaaaaaas haha, cant bloody wait to bounce it off the limiter in 2nd in a crowed area lol.

Should convert it to fwd, it'd certainly be the first ep85 fwd, think how amazing that achievement would be.

Christ man you crack me up Toby :D

Not much of an update on this but anyway, i had a few wiring issues with this lol, i was trying to get a hold of a a good loom to drop straight in this to save the hassle of splicing the 85 loom, but it proved quite a mission to find a good enough loom to use. These are the ones i have lol. 2 MK3 looms, 1 MK1 loom and the 85 loom.

20131108_132901_zps71e01f8d.jpg

And thanks to Shortys idea ive used the front part of the 85 loom & fusebox to run the lights, washer, wipers etc. and im in the process of repairing the engine ancillary section of a MK3 loom to run everything else. These pair mate up perfectly and everything plugs in so happy days :D