#2 Matt1878's Glanza *ITS COMING JAE!*

It didn't take me long at all to realize how much I love these little 1.3 Japanese cars.

4 weeks after selling my old Glanza for a UK Spec 200sx S14, I knew that the starlet community is where I belong. I sold the S14 and straight away began my search for what I hope will be a long term car. After being around starlets, UKSC and now the bigger and better UKSO, I have seen and heard about some seriously amazing builds and got lots of ideas for what Id love to do with my own.

So, here is Glanza #2... I like to think of it as an almost blank canvas.

Its a 1996, 205 black Glanza V with full 96 spec optional lips and the ducktail spoiler. Its covered 135,000K which was converted to miles at 105,000 so the total mileage is 95,000 miles.

Over time I plan to convert to a full extrenal wastegate TD04 kit with screamer pipe using standard internals as my pockets aren't deep enough for a forged engine. The exterior of the car will change however my plans for this one will remain undisclosed..

Engine:

Blitz SUS air intake

HKS SSQV blow off valve

HKS Actuator (0.6 bar)

Prospeed full custom exhaust system with lifetime warranty

Refurbished gearbox

Chassis/Brakes/Wheels:

15" Rota Clubstars

Yokohama Prada Spec 2 tyres

Rays wheels nuts

Tein coilovers

Grooved front discs

EBC Green front pads

Front OEM Strut brace

Exterior:

Reflet rear light clusters

Clear front indicator lenses

OEM Wind deflectors

HID headlight conversion

OEM Optional front lip

OEM Optional rear lip

OEM Duck tail spoiler

Interior:

Blitz DB Meter Boost gauge

Indiglo dials

TRD gearknob

Passengers airbag (optional extra)

Electrical climate control (optional extra)

Other:

Toad Ai606 thatcham approved alarm with certificate

Pictures:

null_zpsd06a3118.jpg

null_zps640e0a72.jpg

null_zps11eca022.jpg

null_zpsc47c8122.jpg

After a short time away... It feels good to be back.

Matt.

Edited by Matt1878

If youre painting the wheels, they have to go gold !! Will be outstanding.

I would leave it as it is exterior wise too, 96 spec lip kits are sooo underrated.

But this is your car ofcourse, mod away :D

96 spec front bumper with FMIC is no good though.. Requires too much cutting and the bumper looks shit then.

Think ill be keeping rear oem lip but front will eventually change :)

96 spec front bumper with FMIC is no good though.. Requires too much cutting and the bumper looks shit then.

Think ill be keeping rear oem lip but front will eventually change :)

No cutting required on 96 spec bumper for fmic mate.

I've seen FMIC in behind a 96 bumper and I really don't like it. Then I've seen it cut for the FMIC and it looks even worse IMO...

Best look is to get the FMIC in behind it. Re locate the plate to under the headlight.

Then just cut out the bit behind where the plate would have been originally. Looks pretty tidy then.

Best look is to get the FMIC in behind it. Re locate the plate to under the headlight.

Then just cut out the bit behind where the plate would have been originally. Looks pretty tidy then.

That's what I meant, if you leave the plate where it is you lose any air flow gain and by moving the the plate you left with the ugly bit behind the plate.

You can cut that bit out and it does look ok but you have to do it right.

Mine looks like this

41C1B18E-5513-471C-9CCB-B5EFFB68AB57-257

D5F7BE23-FB6C-4EB2-B74E-AB67D260E9AD-151

But if your willing to keep the OEM lip it hides all the nasty cut lines along the bottom it just the top and sides you need to get spot on. (Bumper wasn't hacked away be me by the way)

Right... Car is not on the back of a friends recovery truck and on its way to my dads garage so that we can get a better look at things... Getting an auto electrician on the job and if there is no electrical fault, I'm going to buy a cambelt kit, time the engine up again etc.

Really annoying me now.