Lost all faith in humanity JTStarlet92

As some of you may or may not be aware, I have been well and truly shafted by another member.

Going right back to the first of August- I have copied from a previous thread.

I recently agreed to purchase some parts of JTStarlet92, as the parts where body pannels, I arrange a local haulage company to collect the goods from his property.

There was plenty of communication and confrimation of times, down to the hour. As with the variables in arranging collections, traffic etc, it was agred the driver would be at the property between 3 & 4.

Everything went smoothly up until 2 o'clock when the driver attempted to call and arrange an exact time, however the phone number provided went straight to voicemail.

I received a call from the haulage company to confrim the contact number, all correct. I attempted to call between 2:00pm & 3:45 only to receive the voicemail message.

The HGV driver (45ft trailer with a forklift) could not access the address given, although parked and called at the address, to receive no response.

I am sure anyone can appreciate the strict laws which HGV drivers must adhere to and therefore the driver could only remain at the property for 25 mins before having to leave to reach his next collection.

I received a further call from the haulage company at 4:30pm adving the collection could not be completed. As the haulage company adhered to their schedule and agreement, I am not able to obtain a refund for the costs, which leaves me out of pocket.

Now the second escapade on 31 August

On to the next bit of news, now this has really f**king tested my patience. It all started a few weeks back when a member started breaking his EP91. I though to myself happy days, not many come up in this colour and I need a few panels. I now wish I never bothered as it has been no end of lies and sh*t.

I had explained I was wanting panels to prevent splashing out on a full respray. We agreed a price of £160.00 for the below parts.

1. Bonnet
2. Boot
3. Glanza Spoiler
4. Glanza Wing Mirrors
5. Glanza number plate recess
6. Glanza early spec lights
7. Glanza rear bumper

So, yeah all good, excellent bargain. After speaking to CityLink who wanted £300.00+, I picked up the phone and called a local haulage company, who agreed to collect everything for £100.00. Another total win, in my eyes.

Collection was arranged for a Thursday afternoon, it was originally agreed that the member would meet with the haulage company. An hour before the driver called me and informed that the members phone had been switched off. As you can now see things are going down hill. No sign of the member at the agreed collection point either. The haulage company the went to the address and waited for around 20 minutes, still no show from the member.

I got a call from the haulage company, at around 5 o'clock advising they could not collect the goods & the £100.00 fee I paid was non-refundable. By now I was really pi**ed off. I sent the member a few texts and finally got a reply on Sunday 'you got your money back.'

As you can all imagine, I was pretty livid.

A few weeks had passed, after hunting though classified trying to find replacement panels in the same colour with no luck I decided to try the member again. Agreed a price of £120.00 for everything above minus the spoiler. The haulage company were happy enough to try and collect again. All good.

I got a text on Wednesday morning 'I don't no if I can meet the driver now'. I then lost the plot. I had sent him and extra £40.00 to meet the driver at a location only 5 miles from his house. I really did not want to lose another £100.00, so I had to arrange a 'white van man' to collect from his property and meet him.

Everything got collected, minus the boot only to find out 'you didn't pay for boot'. I do have the messages to prove everything, and all is completely above board on my end.

On to the next disaster, received everything today, please bare in mind while looking at the photos, I was told there is a few small stone chips on the bonnet and everything else has been freshly resprayed.

WP_20130831_006_zps35a5b54a.jpg

WP_20130831_007_zps745701cb.jpg

WP_20130831_008_zpsf6a660e4.jpg

WP_20130831_001_zps0d98c45e.jpg

WP_20130831_002_zps8c5cf108.jpg

WP_20130831_003_zps915547ad.jpg

WP_20130831_004_zpsf3791bc8.jpg

WP_20130831_005_zpsff156b77.jpg

WP_20130831_010_zpsc335e38c.jpg

WP_20130831_011_zpsadbfa450.jpg

WP_20130831_012_zpsd2fc5b46.jpg

WP_20130831_014_zpsd72fe55a.jpg

WP_20130831_015_zps164f19f8.jpg

Cracked light, no mention of that!

WP_20130831_013_zpse3736d27.jpg

To sum everything up:

The member is liar or has sight issues
Freshly resprayed by someone wearing sunglasses in the dark with a rattle can
Either forgot the boot or is just dense

The only usable item, which does not need resprayed professionally is the number plate recess.

Total cost of this saga:

£120.00 for parts
£200.00 for delivery
£40.00 for a white van man

Total: £360.00 which would have sorted the bonnet and boot and been done professionally.

So PayPal claim was lodged and was in the hands of PayPal. The member then messaged me and we agreed he was to refund £70.00 as everything I had received was total shit. Still no refund messages below:

RipOff1_zps6cec9b65.png

RipOff2_zps191c6f5c.png

RipOff3_zps8d6b215f.png

RipOff4_zps1f2d231d.png

RipOff5_zpsbc928596.png

RipOff6_zps1e115fcf.png

RipOff7_zpsd1054e53.png

I will be taking this further, through my credit card company, the police and CIFAS (UK fraud prevention agency, just so happens I know 1 of the 4 founding members and will prevent the member from obtaining any credit/mortgage/loan)

I have honestly never been so pissed off in my life!

Can the mods please block or make people aware are such scam artists/thieving bastards exist on this site.

Edited by ro55ifumi

fuck sake! too much of this shit going on lately!

hopefully it all works out for you and paypal come through.

if not i have no doubt you'll sort it like the way you helped me get a refund from my car insurance company :)

Cheers mate, I cancelled the PayPal claim as the he said he was going to refund £70.00, still haven't got it though. So the next step in Credit Card, police & CIFAS.

Good to hear that refund came through mate.

Mate you could of found a decent and cheaper resprayer just like you had hunted down a cheaper courier and had the time to do so.

I bet you could of had all the bits resprayed on your car for around £150-£250 and had other bits touched in.

Never try to skimp always do the job properly.

But I hope you get your refund man as that is bang out of order all that piss take with the seller meeting the courier and the parts that is disgraceful is he stevie wonder? Even the scrap yard would not sell them in that condition!

Bless mate hope you sort it. Try e-mailing PayPal if you can I'm sure the refund can be redone again.

Edited by Ep'd

Jordan

If you read this message, can i ask that this issue is sorted out asap, this is the second member with issues that has purchased from you.

Is this the reason your paypal is empty/locked??

There are rules in place on selling on this forum, anyone having issues please ensure that you log your claims with Paypal/Credit Card Co etc

As i said your for sale threads are now hidden and please sort out this mess

Apologies to All that have been affected by another untrust worthy seller, please when purchasing items do not send money as gift

John

I bought that mid spoiler off this guy and when i got it , it was wrapped in newspaper and a bin bag and when I opened it all up it was damage aswell , cracks and chips , email him but no replay :(

Never cancel a claim as then that's it closed and if they are bad enough to do that they obviously won't pay. Don't want to sound harsh but that's my view on the matter.

Hope you get it all sorted in the end though and since you used your card you should be pretty safe in the end although a lot of hassle.

unreal mate, feel terrible for you man ! glad to see you know your stuff and are taking action on the right way ! some really shitty people on here and sadly its meant to be a community :( obviously people dont think as highly of this "community" as others :( maybe we should get tighter rules in place such as maybe more detailed pictures as part of the rules to post a for sale ad ? best of luck to you bud !

^^^ Same he was fast enough reply when i put the claim in, not heard any thing since said i wont end it till engine comes or refund

@ chesh that 5e engine is a us engine and does not suit for a 5efe conversion here

I never usually post in this section but pure gutted for chris.

So, still no refund.

Said member has now been reported to the police, got a crime reference number and the bank are investigating under the fraud act 2006.

CIFAS are investigation under asset fraud, if the complaint is upheld, the member will never be able to obtain a mortgage, credit card or loan.

PSNI are liaising with Tayside Police and will hopefully be arranging visit to the members property soon.

In addition if there is no result within the next month, I will submit a claim through the small claims court. Yes it will cost me more than what the refund is worth, but at leats the member will not have my money.

So, still no refund.

Said member has now been reported to the police, got a crime reference number and the bank are investigating under the fraud act 2006.

CIFAS are investigation under asset fraud, if the complaint is upheld, the member will never be able to obtain a mortgage, credit card or loan.

PSNI are liaising with Tayside Police and will hopefully be arranging visit to the members property soon.

In addition if there is no result within the next month, I will submit a claim through the small claims court. Yes it will cost me more than what the refund is worth, but at leats the member will not have my money.

So in other words the seller is now screwed lol

Good to see your sticking at it and hope it gets sorted