IMAG0113_zpsgjmin792.jpg

Timeline

Ep3 Seats Fitted

Bonnet Raisers and Bonnet Matting Removed

Arduino Engine Monitoring System

Livesports Spoiler and Wings

Got this completely standard other than the buddy clubs and a set of lowering springs. This is how it looked.once I got it.

DSC_0020_zps277de839.jpg

First thing I done was remove the plate and got a wee jap one on which helped I think. Also tinted the fog lights later.

DSC_0102_zps533ff314.jpg

After that I got used to the power of a standard car and decided I wanted more.

I went and picked up a new Wepr mani and downpipe, td04L turbo and a external wastegate setup. Mani just doesnt look as nice now the paint is off but if anyone has any tips let me know. Also added a few wee red vacuum pipes to add a bit of colour but they need alot of tiding.

DSC_0103_zps3469ff4e.jpg

This is being controlled by a pnp Dorf R ECU. Went to get it setup on the rolling road and found it has bother fueling after 1 bar so we decided to have a look inside and found 6 points of adjustment.

These seem have controls for when the tps is closed, open etc but I need to get a better look at that.

DSC_0089_zps6a9390b6.jpg

DSC_0109_zps18ede90a.jpg

Got myself a new key, cant seem to get this to work but I will get a look at this some other day to make sure there is power running to the reciever etc.

DSC_0084_zps2d9b0e7a.jpg

New plug leads

DSC_0106_zps7a437f14.jpg

Sorry its a bit messy at the minute but I will tidy up the thread and my bay soon lol

Plans to do now is:

get it set up correctly with a new rrfpr since that one is just a cheap one.

Fit the new Ep3 civic front seats i bought from alex of the site.

Fit a trd gear knob

Fit the K-Sport coilovers I bought for it

Paint the rocker cover, maybe matt black is nice I think but my theme was planning for red. but things have changed slightly

Then just enjoy it :)

Edited by karl.
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks nice, a front splitter would finish the front end of nicely

Yeah that's the plan to smooth the front bumper out and get a front lip, I think I'm going to go for a livesports spoiler aswell.

Im fascinated to see that ECU.... Its also very interesting to see that the fueling can be adjusted!

Yeah I will try get up a few readings from the rolling road once its set up properly again. Any tips on how to get the mani looking a bit better since all the paint has came off it

looking well ladd and good modifications done to car say it goes good atm

Hopefully I will get a few more wee things done soon, thanks :)

Heat wrap it or high temperature spray?

I never even thought about wrap to be honest, I must get a look at it to see if it would be possible.

im with socks, VERY interested in seein the capability of it! never heard of that 1 before, must be super rare!

That must be mega rare that ecu love it!

Yeah I will post up the final rolling road print outs once I get them done, Hopefully should be able to get a good steady result from it

hey karl..nice build. you can try some high temp paint on the manifold..or...get it coated (prefer this). coating will never come off..so its the better option..but more costly.

That sounds more appealing to be honest, along with looking good it will help heat disperse if I'm thinking about the same thing.

Thanks

Sorry for all the pictures and what use is a progress thread without pictures, also today I was pricing up a livesports spoiler, livesports wings and a varis bumper. I think I will be buying these in the future as they would completely change the look of the car.

Decided to go for some bonnet raisers in 23mm in a silver colour because simply red was too dear lol

DSC_0124_zpsd221546c.jpg

Also seen in another thread that they removed the matting under the bonnet scoop so decided to do that aswell, need to give the whole engine bay a real good clean but I will probably leave that to winter.

DSC_0121_zps30e94c5d.jpg

DSC_0122_zps8db26067.jpg]

Edited by karl.
  • 3 weeks later...

So I have started a new little project where i'm going to replace the standard dash clock with a small screen that will display information about the engine eg fuel pressure, boost pressure, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure etc but if it all works out i'm going to update it to maybe work as at wideband, boost controller and hopefully a wee motor to adjust the stiffness of the coilover.

I started a new thread for it because I feel it will be helpful to other people who might want to copy it and like me dont want alot of gauges about the car.

Arduino Engine Monitoring System

Edited by karl.
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So another little update, I decided that I would try hide a few wires in the bay to make it a little tidier, this is it before. Note not being able to see the fuel rail

IMAG0110_zpskfvw9pwm.jpg

What I done was hide the connections on top of the abs sensor, moved the map sensor down below the inlet so it cant be seen and rotated the injectors around and rerouted the loom behind it so as its hidden a bit better.

IMAG0171_zpszl5s2lwn.jpg

And another update of my new ECU

IMAG0140_zpsngyuqiej.jpg

Came with a ep82 harness so I made a custom loom to convert it to fit my glanza

IMAG0164_zpshk7isjd1.jpg

Ep82 ecu fitted to make sure it wasnt going to destroy my Power FC when it was plugged in.

I've also bought a boost control kit for the power fc which consists of a 3 bar map sensor and loom which plugs into the side of the pfc and a boost control solenoid which replaces the stock hi/low soleniod.

Mapping in a couple of weeks :)

Loving this wee motor. be good to see it at a meet sometime soon ish.

Phil

Cheers Phil, Hopefully we can get out somewhere over the summer for a few pictures

Fitted my bonnet struts and tidied the bay up slightly.

IMAG0178_zpsacgqdzju.jpg

Race Spec Rocker Cover that I had made up soon to be fitted along with braided lines for it, Just need to decide on if im going to polish it or paint it? Suggestions?

IMAG0175_zpsitnm9nvf.jpg

IMAG0176_zps1wvszmtz.jpg

Also fitted my Tuning Developments Fuel Pump the other evening. No pictures of that but im sure uns dont care lol

Its unbelievable the difference hiding a few wires, rerouting pipes and changing a rocker cover can do to a engine bay. Looks so much better. Heres a quick before and after :)7

DSC_0106_zps7a437f14.jpg

IMAG0110_zpskfvw9pwm.jpg

IMAG0185_zpsgmflw3n5.jpg

Tomorrow I just need to cut a length of braided hose to fit into a catch can once I get one.

Edited by karl.
  • 4 months later...